Surefire A2 digital plus query

Dhbwa

Newly Enlightened
I'm probabky going to be hanging my dumb out....
Do the early A2 not have the ability to have the xenon bulb stay lit? Only momentary???
I twist the tail cap and the 3 LED's stay on but nothing will keep the center xenon bulb on..

Masque

Newly Enlightened
If it works when you press the button, twisting the tailcap further should definitely do the same thing. If the central xenon bulb does not stay lit on fresh batteries, call Surefire. They'll make it right.

Such a great light, that is.

Dhbwa

Newly Enlightened
Previous owner said it has never worked the way i assumed it should..I'll check battery voltage although I don't have extra batteries.. Yet.. It stays on if you hold the button...

Filip

Newly Enlightened
I had exactly the same problem and solved it in two ways:

1. I contacted Surefire (by email) and got replacement tailcap for free. Surefire shipped the tailcap to Europe free of charge.

2. While waiting for the replacement I opened the functionless tailcap. You just need to unscrew the ring which holds the rubber boot on its place and gently pry open the plastic button below the forementioned rubber boot (be gentle and don't brake it). Now the switch comes apart and all you need to do is to put a (plastic) washer inside so that the tube makes a proper contact with the switch. Because that is the cause of your problem - the tube is too short (or the switch too deep, it depends on the point of view) and as a result those 3 silver-looking springs inside the tailcap don't make contact with the board below them when bent by the tube (= the bulb doesn't turn on), not even when the tailcap is fully tightened. In my case only a thin piece of plastic was needed to push the board with those 3 springs a bit closer to the tube. Hope this makes sense.

Now I use my "modified" tailcap and have the replacement from Surefire as a back-up (though it was not my original intention).

Filip

Last edited: