Question for Klarus XT2C owners

tpcollins

Newly Enlightened
My Klarus XT2C came to day and it's a nice light but the strobe feature doesn't work like I thought it would. The strobe will activate when I put the lower button but it shuts off if I release the button right away. I have to hold the strobe button in for about 2-3 seconds and then it will stay on. I was expecting it to stay on with a simple push - now I'll have to multitask in a tactical situation . . .

Is this how everyone's XT2C works? Thanks.

luvbelly

Newly Enlightened
That is the way the light works. I would assume the purpose of having the switch operate in this manner is to provide a momentary strobe function. My XT-11 operates the same way. I have had no problems getting used to it.

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is normal operation. Also if you hold the mode button down it does not go into the variable strobe mode.

kj2

Flashaholic
As long you are holding the mode switch it does strobe on one freqency. After 2-3sec, you let the switch loose it goes in variable. It's normal for this light to act this way. Its also expland in the manual for what I know.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
What does that mean?

It means that using it as a "Momentary" switch....makes the strobe flash in constant frequency mode....but clicking it into strobe so it stays on, triggers the variable strobe mode.

Variable strobe is when the flashes are not the same time apart...it flashes slower/faster to be more disorienting.

Constant frequency strobe fires a frenetic constant set of regularly spaced quick flashes, more like you'd see for a strobe light at a party. :D

HaileStorm

Enlightened
I just purchased the XT2C today and I was wondering if the XT2C pulsates on max mode when the battery is low? Is this a defect or is this normal?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

HaileStorm

Enlightened
I certainly hope so. Although it's not stated anywhere in the manual. Anyone else notice this when running low on batteries?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD