Fenix TK35 drops from "turbo" to "high" setting after 25 mins with security setting ?

mallakoff

Newly Enlightened
Fenix TK35 drops from "turbo" to "high" setting after 25 mins with security setting ?

Hi, just wanted to know what TK35 owners think about this security function of the light ,is it a bit annoying when out on walks. Or is it simply a matter of a quick click and your back in turbo mode .

Why do they have this 25 min reduction setting in turbo mode ? can it be turned off or is it an in built safety setting ?

I really like the all round specs of this light , but I will need to run it on turbo for more than 25 minutes at a time, still worth me buying this light?

Blurb from the Fenix site "TK35 will automatically enter into the high brightness level from the turbo brightness level after a 25-minute working time with the security setting. So the runtime of the turbo brightness level is the accumulated time. "

Last edited:

_Event_Horizon_

Newly Enlightened
Do a search. There's a review by Selfbuilt with your answer in there

Hi, just wanted to know what TK35 owners think about this security function of the light ,is it a bit annoying when out on walks. Or is it simply a matter of a quick click and your back in turbo mode .

Why do they have this 25 min reduction setting in turbo mode ? can it be turned off or is it an in built safety setting ?

I really like the all round specs of this light , but I will need to run it on turbo for more than 25 minutes at a time, still worth me buying this light?

Blurb from the Fenix site "TK35 will automatically enter into the high brightness level from the turbo brightness level after a 25-minute working time with the security setting. So the runtime of the turbo brightness level is the accumulated time. "

CoherentRays

Newly Enlightened
Re: Fenix TK35 drops from "turbo" to "high" setting after 25 mins with security setti

According to Fenix's blurbs you can click back into turbo immediately, but if you do I think you might be risking overheating of the LED and electronics and possibly shortening their potential lifetime. My TK35 should arrive by Friday so I'll be able to get a better sense of how hot it might run at that time.

My own plan is to run it on turbo only for short times and when really needed.

mallakoff

Newly Enlightened
Re: Fenix TK35 drops from "turbo" to "high" setting after 25 mins with security setti

Cheers guys thankyou for the info ,will check out Selfbuilts review