KLARUS XT11 or zebralight SC600 or Thrunite TN12?

Adriano

Newly Enlightened
Hi, I already know their beams because I have seen them on Internet but I'd like to know what is better for their features.
If you know them, can give me some info please? What would you buy?
Thank you!

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Hi, I already know their beams because I have seen them on Internet but I'd like to know what is better for their features.
If you know them, can give me some info please? What would you buy?
Thank you!

They do different things.

So far, its like you asked if its better to buy a screw driver or a hammer or a wrench.

:D

The UI on the XT11 wins #1, as its so easy and intuitive, but, its meant for tactical use, and designed to always come on in high, and you dim it down from there if you want it less bright, etc.

The UI on the SC600 is not hard per se, but it is complicated, but does have a memory, and can be set to come on, and change modes to your settings if you have the patience to learn it. I never did, I mostly just use it on high..and, the short cut is you can just hold the on button down, and let it cycle until it hits what you want, and you let go. (H-M-L, H-M-L, etc...)

The twisty UI on the TN12 would be last for me at least, as twisties mean I need two hands to operate the light.

The XT11 is a floody beamed light, the SC600 is a FLOOD light, and the TN12 is mostly throw, and needs to be to compensate for it having the least real lumen output....to get enough lumens out there to see things.

If you want an EDC sized floody beam with throw and use mostly high, the XT11 wins hands down, hence its primary popularity...you can see a lot close up AND far away, all at once, with a great tint and quality of light.

If you want a small, close range flood light, and the ability to come on at a low brightness, the SC600 wins, as that's ITS claim to fame. If you want a warmer version, they also have the SC600W as well.

If you want a weaker light that throws around the same as the XT11, but with less peripheral light, then the TN12 is OK...but its also hampered by short run times compared to the other two.

For me at least, the short run times, dimmer high, twisty UI, and less useful beam, eliminate the TN12 from contention in this contest.

(Its going to have fans of course, its still a good light, but, the competition above is too fierce. )

Last edited:

melty

Newly Enlightened
We need more information to base your choice on... like what you plan to use the light for.

XT11 = longest with wide bezel
SC600 = shortest with wide bezel
TN12 = medium length, but thinnest (maybe best for pocket carry, except the clip doesn't allow for deep pocket)

The also have very different interfaces.

XT11 = Tactical 2-button interface, no moonlight mode
TN12 = Tactical plus twisty interface, moonlight mode
SC600 = Electronic button on the side with programmable interface, many levels including moonlight mode

That's a very abbreviated reduction of the features, but maybe it'll give you some direction.

Edit: aww, ninja posted.:eek:

FWIW: I have an SC600w coming in the mail tomorrow. The XT11 is on my to-buy list.

Last edited:

Adriano

Newly Enlightened
Hello thanks for yur suggestions. In a few days I will get Fandyfire STL-V6 with a long throw. But I will use it rarely in my trips. I often go into woods and forests. I need a second flashlight for daily walking in the wood. This flaslight has to light my walking but when I will stay in my tent I will also need a very low light. If those flashlight are not good for me, can you seggest another good and smll flashlight with good frstures? May be is a Fenix TK 32 or Fenix PD32 better for me? However I like 18650 batteries, easy use and enough run time.

Last edited:

biglights

Enlightened
Go with the Sc600, its bright as heck and goes super low. Good luck..

Smokescreen

Newly Enlightened
+1 on the Sc600, but I would seek out the Sc600W for woods walking as the warm white will be more pleasing to the eyes in a natural environment.

Some people don't mind the bright white and like the appearance of a brighter (negligible) white light, though.

Adriano

Newly Enlightened
but I would seek out the Sc600W for woods walking as the warm white will be more pleasing to the eyes in a natural environment.
Is it possible to verify the difference of beam between Sc600 and Sc600W? May be Sc600W gives les light on turbo?

YAK-28

Enlightened
yes there is a difference between the sc600 and the sc600w, i stoped in at brightguy yesterday to look at them myself. i got the sc600w(neutralwhite), it was a little less output, but the color wasn't blueish at all. reminded me of the fenix tk20 only brighter.

Adriano

Newly Enlightened
In internet is there some pictures of zebralight SC600 beam so that I can verify it?

Adriano

Newly Enlightened
Can you tell me how much time Zebralight SC600 is old? Was it born in the 2010?

Adriano

Newly Enlightened
The UI on the XT11 wins #1, as its so easy and intuitive, but, its meant for tactical use, and designed to always come on in high, and you dim it down from there if you want it less bright, etc.

Every flashlight has something I don't like. I'd like to buy a flashlight with the similar beam of XT11 (easy to use and with floody beamed light) but not tactical (I don't have weapon) and with 5-10 lumens in low mode or moonlight. But it has to be a quality and good brand flashlight.

Last edited:

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Every flashlight has something I don't like. I'd like to buy a flashlight with the similar beam of XT11 (easy to use and with floody beamed light) but not tactical (I don't have weapon) and with 5-10 lumens in low mode or moonlight. But it has to be a quality and good brand flashlight.

Is coming on in high the only problem?

CrazyIvan2011

Enlightened
I have the Zebralight SC600w and Thurnite TN12. I do a lot of camping and dog walking etc. But I also work in confined spaces at work.

I love the Zebralight SC600w, but at first tried very hard not to! I have had a few Zebralights before, and I don't really care for the UI too much. I mean it is great, lots of useful well spaced options, but in practise I end up clicking too long or too short and not getting the level i want, plus the no memory can be a bit annoying sometimes. But the quality of the light its self is superb, and the beam is amazing. Its the best flood beam I have seen in such a small package, but the sheer output gives it a halve decent throw...just a wall of light, which is ideal when walking etc.

The Thrunite TN12, I bought but was not expecting much. I was pleasantly surprised! I wanted an easier to carry EDC 18650 light, and this is perfect. The output is amazing, just as bright as the Zebralight, not as floody but a brighter hotspot with more throw. The tint is really nice as well (I got neutral). I carry it in my overalls pocket at work, and it is great! Easy to just pull out but secure in the pocket (I've not lost it yet). Has really good knurling and grip, and with the memory, I just leave it on medium which covers most tasks, if I need more it is only a quick twist. It gets lent to others on the job too, and the fact that the output can not be changed with a click etc accidentally is good.

So I love both...but for different reasons and for different tasks.

Adriano

Newly Enlightened
I have noticed ThruNite Scorpion V2 XM-L gives a very low light on Low Mode. I take interest about it.

The last 2 questions please:

1) Is easier to use ThruNite Scorpion V2 XM-L or TN12?

2) What beam difference between Zebralight SC600 and ThruNite Scorpion V2?

Thanks!

TEEJ

Flashaholic
I have noticed ThruNite Scorpion V2 XM-L gives a very low light on Low Mode. I take interest about it.

The last 2 questions please:

1) Is easier to use ThruNite Scorpion V2 XM-L or TN12?

2) What beam difference between Zebralight SC600 and ThruNite Scorpion V2?

Thanks!

You should say what kind of beam pattern you want.

You are comparing lights that throw a large pool of light closer up, to lights that throw a small pool of light further away.

What do YOU WANT?

Do you want a lot of light close up around you, so you see everything around you, but not be able to see things far away?

7151360413_f2124def66_c.jpg

A flood light pattern, lots of light, closer up

OR

Do you want a light that puts a patch of light on things very far away...but doesn't light up everything around you?

7005288054_4992ea3158_c.jpg

Small patch of light on things very far away (Round tree is 405 meters away)

If you like the Scorpion, I have the Crelant 7G5 V2 which is about twice as good as the Scorpion...and has a good pattern where you can see far away, and the things close up too, at least the things on the way out to the far away target.

7005273080_d95950cac8_c.jpg

Crelant 7G5 V2 Beam Pattern - aimed at same round tree

7151370811_98aa72fc67_c.jpg

Klarus XT11 Beam Pattern

6916963276_a5a9d822bc_c.jpg

Zebralight SC600W

6916965870_e297b5a639_c.jpg

Zebralight SC600

All above pictures are of the SAME SCENE....the SC600 and SC600W were on a different night with a different camera (They are not as sharp with the older camera...), but what you see (Except for being blurry), looks the same.

Tell us WHICH ONE you like best.

:D

Last edited:

Adriano

Newly Enlightened
Tell us WHICH ONE you like best.
Thanks for your very interesting reply. I'm inexpert about flashlight and I don't know which beam I like more. I can tell you I will use the flashlight to walk in raiforest at night and I cannot know if it is better a wide or throw light for walking. In your opinion is it better wide beam? Thanks again one.

PS: you cannot suggest me a Crelant 7G5 V2 because I need only a small flashligt similar to zebralight SC600 or ThruNite Scorpion V2 XM-L. For this reason I need news about the two flashlights.

Last edited:

Latest posts