KLARUS XT11 or zebralight SC600 or Thrunite TN12?

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Thanks for your very interesting reply. I'm inexpert about flashlight and I don't know which beam I like more. I can tell you I will use the flashlight to walk in raiforest at night and I cannot know if it is better a wide or throw light for walking. In your opinion is it better wide beam? Thanks again one.

Hmmmm

If by "walking" you mean just trying not to trip on things in front of you, see where the path leads, etc...then a floody light like the SC600 would be really nice...that will let you see things out in the bush/trees maybe 40-50 meters away if in your line of sight, etc.

If you might want to know if there was something in the rain forest that eats people, etc, that might be stalking/ambushing you from further away than that, then a bit more range would be nice.

Is your walk in a safe place, or, in a place where you are worried about being vulnerable?

Adriano

Newly Enlightened
Hmmmm
Is your walk in a safe place, or, in a place where you are worried about being vulnerable?
For me it is important to look for small animals on the path. This is my goal. In your opinion ThruNite Scorpion V2 is better? Or ... Jetbeam RRT-2? Is t easy to use?

Last edited:

TEEJ

Flashaholic
For me it is important to look for small animals on the path. This is my goal. In your opinion ThruNite Scorpion V2 is better? Or ... Jetbeam RRT-2? Is t easy to use?

If "small animals on the path" means "don't step on a poisonous snake, etc", then I'd say the Zebralight SC600 would be an excellent choice. Between the 600 and 600W....Frankly, the beams look the same to me, one is simply yellower (The 600W is yellower). They appear, to my eyes, to have the same range as each other. The 600 is rated as putting out more lumens than the 600W, but, in practice...you won't see the difference in range. I shot several shots with both side by side...and they all reached the same targets at the ends of their range....at least on MY SC600 and SC600W.

:D

The other lights have more of a "spot pattern", meaning you are looking at a very small patch of light as you walk, and have to sweep the light all over to stitch together what's out there. Using them on a path to avoid small animals would be like trying to see a room through a soda straw....a little at a time.

The flood light pattern is more appropriate for what you describe.

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just checked I would consider the Jetbeam RRT-21. The RRT-2 does not go low enough.
It has Infinite brightness control ring which is very easy to use.
Goinggear.com has videos you can watch of the different flashlights you want to check.

Adriano

Newly Enlightened
I just checked I would consider the Jetbeam RRT-21. The RRT-2 does not go low enough.
It has Infinite brightness control ring which is very easy to use.
Why Jetbeam RRT-21 and not Thrunite Scorpion V2?

Adriano

Newly Enlightened
The beam of Jetbeam RRT-21 sems a compromise between floody or "spot pattern" but I can make an error. In your opinion is the beam of Jetbeam RRT-21 more floody or "spot pattern"?

Last edited:

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't own the RRT=21, but I have their RRT-0 and Jetbeam III. They are a compromise of both spot & flood. The beam has a decent throw with good spill.
The beam of Jetbeam RRT-21 sems a compromise between floody or "spot pattern" but I can make an error. In your opinion is the beam of Jetbeam RRT-21 more floody or "spot pattern"?