Old timers.. what are you down to in the flashlight department?

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
You don't know what an ARC-P is?

You joined in 2022, you probably don't know what it is. Back in the day when I first joined, (lol, I had to walk up hill both ways to get to the forum :p ) everyone had a super high opinion of the ARC keychain lights. They would last forever, they had what I consider a cheap, what was it, a 5mm Nichia LED? P was premium edition, it had a few more lumens.

I couldn't handle how blue the light was from the ARC lights, I opted for the whiter light version. I have no idea what happened to mine.

Holy... they still make them and still sell them?!

ragweed

Enlightened
You don't know what an ARC-P is?

You joined in 2022, you probably don't know what it is. Back in the day when I first joined, (lol, I had to walk up hill both ways to get to the forum :p ) everyone had a super high opinion of the ARC keychain lights. They would last forever, they had what I consider a cheap, what was it, a 5mm Nichia LED? P was premium edition, it had a few more lumens.

I couldn't handle how blue the light was from the ARC lights, I opted for the whiter light version. I have no idea what happened to mine.

Holy... they still make them and still sell them?!

Thanks for bringing it up.! I thought He/She was being sarcastic. :bowdown:

letschat7

Suspended
Well I seen Ark and thought it sounded a lot like the Arc I know.

I was on here back when I had to use dial up internet to get here. I know Arc I'm on my third one. They aren't around anymore at best you can buy a Peak.

Attachments

• FDC217CB-D9D6-4E1B-8F95-0FFE1E22D206.jpeg
    FDC217CB-D9D6-4E1B-8F95-0FFE1E22D206.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 19

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Ironically, I could afford them back in the day. But didn't appreciate them. Different story, today. Still trying to snag a camo. version of the one I got off of eBay. Maybe one day....

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a CMG Infinity Ultra-G back then when Arcs were popular. Liked the AA form factor. After I stopping using incans I mainly used a couple Surefires as my only lights (lost the CMG unfortunately) for the better part of a decade. Last few years I mostly moved over to Streamlight stuff, plus an HDS.

Not really into using old flashlights. Ironic.

flashme

Newly Enlightened
Have been on and off the forums since 2006, was more a lurker. Agree, x300 is a great handheld light, they came out with the silly expense y300 not long after i stated carrying an x300. Though the idea behind the y300 carry options were appreciated, they just ended up being bulky and a hassle.

Still have my old surefires, i never sell anything, but i never have gotten any too fancy anyways. Have held off on the Surefires the last few years, as their prices have not kept up with competition, and have been buying olights and nitecores, last few years.

All of the sudden have went on a Surefires spree this last month, and picked up 5. :O

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Eternalights and Arcs. Yup, yup, still have them, along with what I would consider "vintage" incandescent Surefires, Streamlights, PrincetonTecs, Underwater Kinetics, and more. The Eternalights still get used, and are great bedside lights. No rolling off the nightstand, and plenty of light--not blinding mind you, but usually more than ample.

greenLED

Flashaholic
It's been literally years since I last poked my head here; feels like home!

I have a bunch of the classics:
  • SF A2 (Y/G, of all things!), U2, a few e2e's (modded, of course), 3-4 L1s
  • Anyone remember the Gladius? Still got the one from the passaround (let's see who remembers *that*!)
  • ArcLS, LS-P (and huge bag of spare parts), LS3 (serials 001 and 003, but original boards died and got them modified), a few Arc-AAA (and a buuunch of circuits and LEDs from when I modded those)
  • An Innova X5-HA
  • McGizmo PD-S (now retired, don't want to lose it after going around the world with it) and 2 HDs (one with the original LuxV (X-bin!) and the other one with a Seoul P2 (I think; I modded it myself).
New generation ones:
  • Basically defaulted to Olight as my main EDC and for around the house
  • I still use all of my PT Eos for camping, around the house and one of them on my SAR helmet light (all of them modded a while back with LuxIII - I just dated myself...- and still kicking!)
  • Recently got a Fenix HM&=R headlamp as my main SAR helmet light (gives me enough range of light from low when tending patients or doing admin stuff/confined spaces to long distance/range boost when looking afar) - yes, I know, not intrinsically safe, so thinking about another PT Eos (the intrinsically safe model) for confined spaces

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Good to see you back.
Not from the Passaround. But I have my original Unmodded Night-Ops Gladius somewhere in storage for more years than I can remember.

greenLED

Flashaholic
Good to see you back.
Not from the Passaround. But I have my original Unmodded Night-Ops Gladius somewhere in storage for more years than I can remember.
Great to see you here!

My Gladius was factory-upgraded when they offered that. It didn't have that weird self-drain issue that made them (in-)famous, but developed it a couple of years back so it stopped being my go-to light for the glove compartment.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Never took advantage of the factory-upgrade. But by then I gave up on the light. How do you make a tactical light that is overly-complicated when it comes to swapping out batteries?? Made no sense to me. Careful! Or, you broke the tailcap assembly. Why?! Just why make a light like that? No wonder Night-Ops went to offering cheap, re-branded, Made in China models after discontinuing the Gladius.