6 p story (long)

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi guys I have been a fan of the Surefire 6P for a long time and flashlights in general for as long as I can remember.
The one I have is Green (don't ask me why). As the years have passed I have bought a new version of the tail cap, KL3 head, shock proof head all to modify the light and save some money on batteries and globes and have fun. I probably have $250.00 in that light. I have never seen the new parts for my 6P in anything but black. So a while back I saw a 6P Body tube in black. I bought it thinking I could make 2 flashlights out of one plus the parts. I was right.

The only thing missing were the "O" rings. So I call Surefire to order them. Guess what No replacement rings for the old style light. (so I can't buy any spares) but they do have the new style light "O" rings. I order a 2 sets of rings and another new tail cap. When I placed the order I was told the order would ship in 2 days. I call them several days later to find out the status of shipping. Guess what? Not shipped yet. I was put on hold for a minute or so and was told that he (the CSR) would track down my order and find out what was going on with it. I asked him to let me know Via E-Mail what the status was. The next morning I received an E-Mail explaining the stock issue (out of stock) and that it will ship today (Friday). Over a week after the order was placed.
This is what I call good BAD service.

I have to say that now that I have a black 6P, all black made with spare parts with a KL3 head and a green 6P, all green, I am pretty happy. And now my green one can go back to service as a VERY BRIGHT every day beater light.

I am not really sure what the point of all of this was. I guess I just wanted to tell a long pointless flashlight story to all of you flashlight freaks.

Yaesumofo

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL, I can't help but think about every dog I've ever had...they were a little bit of everything!

GregR