Homemader's Dream Bulb

yclo

Flashaholic*
Re: Homemader\'s Dream Bulb

All that power for $10!?!?!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

flashlightlens

Newly Enlightened

My guess is that since it's an "airport" landing light rather than an "airplane" landing light, it will be a flood beam.

Doug S

Flashlight Enthusiast

What? only 300W? Remember this post?
600W flashlight
We never heard from this guy again after his first field test. I wonder if we lost him in a hail of exploding NiCds. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Steelwolf

Flashlight Enthusiast

I just started this thread to discuss an idea I had about powering those babies with a portable power source.

I'm excited! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Can you imagine? Reasonable burntime, reasonably portable, ridiculously bright. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

Doug S

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Steelwolf said:
I'm excited! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Can you imagine? Reasonable burntime, reasonably portable, ridiculously bright. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Stealthy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

hideo

Enlightened

geez, I just love Surplus Shed!! Best prices on 10x loupes on the planet. And the discounted complete Scientific American "Amateur Scientist" CD ROM and all the wonderfully devalued military surplus (what a great way to recapture your tax dollars /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

hideo

JEFFakaMAX

Newly Enlightened

I have an set of the 250 watt version in my truck for "fog lights". They are a flood pattern, but when they can light up ¾ of a mile - who cares.
And yes, they are halogen. They are par 46 size, so they fit right into a standard 6" off-road type housing.