Sunwayman v10r vs v11r

Grmnracing

Newly Enlightened
I'm in the market for a light. I want the v10r TI for sexyness. I can only get one of these lights.

What's the difference between these lights. V10r XML t6 vs v11r XML U2? Just the 7% increase brightness in the U2?

Last edited:

Flashiphiliac

Newly Enlightened
Are you looking at getting a used V10R Ti?

Because the currently available V10R Ti+ says it has the U2 in it on the box/can/case.
The V10R Ti has the XPG r5 and the V10R Ti2 has the U2.
I don't have a V10R Ti with the T6 in it, hmm....

I still might be able help, unless I make it worse.

The only differences I notice between my V11R and my V10R Ti+ are,
the V10R Ti+ is not black, noticably heavier, and it has a lower low than the V11R.
Some people I show it to are less than thrilled with the finish level of the metal work on the Ti+.

I like mine although my jetbeam tcr1 gets more compliments. It has a better quality finish and the low is even lower but it has no clicky and it has a smooth reflector which gives off some rings in the light.
For sexiness, you might want to try the jetbeam tcr1. I think may be $20 more than the v10r. It is shinnier and a touch brighter than the SWMs even though it has the T6 and not U2. There is also the niteye eye10 in aluminium with an OP reflector (no rings of light) and the U2 LED. It has 11 indents to stop the control ring as you increase the light instead of the smooth control ring on the tcr1. I dont think there are AA extenders for those 2 if that is important and neither of them have clickies it is all ring control. However they do take 18350 imr batteries which I like.

Back to the original question:

The U2 has a touch more blue in it. Not that you would notice unless you had them side by side pointing at white wall and were asked to find something different between them.

I don't know if 7% brightness would be noticable to you but I don't notice it at all between the niteye and jetbeam.
I used those to make the LED comparasion because they are pretty much in the situation you were describing above.
Same basic lights just a different bin on the LED. (the reflectors and control rings are also slightly different as stated above but those would be the same on the 2 SWM lights)

I am happy with all of the lights above. I don't think you can go wrong with any V light and if you are getting an older v10r ti that was used, I think the finish level is nicer than the newer v10r ti+.

One day i will make a post that is one line and not the words 'payment sent'.
Today is not that day.

Grmnracing

Newly Enlightened
Wow I didn't expect all that info. Thanks! Ive got the titanium itch. Never owned one before.

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened
I have the V10R Ti XP-G and love it. I use it all the time because I'm not afraid of it getting scratched like I am of black anno lights, but I want the Ti+ for the clip.

ok so for the lowest setting from low low to higher low it would go;V10R Ti<TCR1<Ti+<V11R? Right? I wanna get the TCR1 but idk if I would miss the tail button.

Flashiphiliac

Newly Enlightened
I have the V10R Ti XP-G and love it. I use it all the time because I'm not afraid of it getting scratched like I am of black anno lights, but I want the Ti+ for the clip.

ok so for the lowest setting from low low to higher low it would go;V10R Ti<TCR1<Ti+<V11R? Right? I wanna get the TCR1 but idk if I would miss the tail button.

I don't think anything with a clicky will be as low as the tcr1/eye10. They start ramping up from no light where the Vs click on with a light that can be seen.

The light from the V10R Ti+ can be seen shining on your other hand if it is held against the light in a dark room with night adapted vision. The V11R will light up your feet on it's lowest setting in that scenario. The TCR1/Eye10 can go so low that you have shine the light directly in your eye in the dark before you can tell it is on and then you can make it lower. Its like the end of the hearing test but with light, is it off?, are we through?, wait!, no, there!, I think almost saw a light!

I don't remember how low the xpg r5 version of the v10r ti went. I left it at my brother's place 2 or 3 months ago and he likes it too much so I bought the Ti+ and moved on. The lowness of the low wasn't really a factor for me, I only realized that it was a desirable feature from reading posts here.

I thought I would want a clicky too but the only thing I notice about having one is that it takes more steps to get to the amount of light I actually want. So for 1 handed use on clickies with rings, it goes: remove from pocket, get an overhand grip, click on, shift to underhand grip, adjust light setting using ring. The non clickies are: remove from pocket, get an underhand grip, ramp the light to the level you want. You do have chance of not fully turning the light off without the switch, but these lights run a long time at the super low settings and if it is for edc you will use it again or notice it before it has a significant battery drain.

Oh one more thing i forgot to mention. I know this more about ti lights than 123lights but they all get mixed up in the wash. The niteye eye 10 has a unique hidden feature that everybody usually skips over when talking about these lights. If you twist the control ring to max and then back to low very quickly 3 times it will go to a strobe or sos mode. I am not sure how it decides which exactly but that isn't cool part. The cool part is, once it is in the strobe or sos mode, you can ramp the brightness up to the top for usable strobe or down to super low for some low light disco. Turning the light all the way off resets it. I am mentioning this because I remember seeing a picture of a Ti niteye and I hope they are coming out with it at some point.The picture is on a Chinese site but I can't read Chinese to determine if it will be an actual product or not. If they make it I am buying 5 and giving them to everyone in the family.

Good luck making sense of all that. To make it ever so much more difficult, the V10R Ti lights have a bunch of modifictions available on this site that are nice too. Trits in the boot cover, boring it out to take 18350s, milling the outside to make it look nicer, trits in the fins.....

Flashiphiliac

Newly Enlightened
Wow I didn't expect all that info. Thanks! Ive got the titanium itch. Never owned one before.

You are welcome. I hope the info helps and doesn't just make a decsion harder. I hear McGizmo can scratch that itch professionally. But you might end up like Shado.

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened
See, how I use my V10R is I set the ring first then turn it on. If you wanted to flash and bind someone or do your own SOS or signalling that would be hard on the RRT-01 or TCR1 so I was looking at the V11R but is it doesn't go as low as the others I might pass. Its really useful in move theaters.

SDM44

Newly Enlightened
I have both a V10R w/XM-L and a V11R XM-L. Both using a 16340.

IMO, if you have a V10R and want to upgrade to a V11R, it's not really worth the money unless you really need to have the latest & greatest. Otherwise, the V10R XM-L is nearly identical in performance and you really can't tell a difference in brightness unless you have them side by side. For looks, I like the simple machined look of the V10R over the V11R. I'm using the AA extender on both, since the V11R extender actually looks fine on the V10R body.

In a perfect world, I'd put the V11R head onto the V10R body. But then I'd have left over the ******* creation of the V10R head on a V11R body, and wouldn't have much use for it, nor would it really resell for that much. IMO, get whichever one you like aesthetically, since you can't go wrong with either.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
I just got a V11R. From the reviews, the V11R is very similar to the V10R, if you want Ti, go for the V10R. The output difference between T6 and U2, there shouldn't be much visible difference.

Snareman

Enlightened
Here are my reviews of the V10r and V11r. They are both great lights. The V10r does look nicer, but the 11 is more functional