Anything similar to Sunwayman D40A?

Chevy-SS

Enlightened
Is there anything out there similar to the wonderful Sunwayman D40A? This light appeared on the market about 10 years ago. I consider it one of my best lights. It uses 4AA batteries and pumps out almost 1,000 lumens. It's very compact. I gifted a few of them back in the day, and every person was just blown away by how handy and bright it is.

Sadly, like many good things, it was discontinued. I have been searching for something similar but can't find anything. Many websites still list the light, but the page invariably says 'discontinued' or 'unavailable'.

Does anyone have a suggestion on maybe finding a few of these lights?? Or something similar in form and function? :anyone:

Thanks

RegularGuy81

Newly Enlightened
Ive wondered the same. I'll be following this thread. :) I have a neutral white version. It is an amazing thrower.

Could you imagine if it would take 4 21700??

Maybe like a Marauder Mini?

Good luck with your quest!

bill_n_opus

Enlightened
I still have a couple in working condition ... love these lights. A forum member used to mod them ... not sure if he's still around (as I haven't been around this forum in years) Vinh? is his name.

Great lights.

Chevy-SS

Enlightened
I still have a couple in working condition ... love these lights. A forum member used to mod them ... not sure if he's still around (as I haven't been around this forum in years) Vinh? is his name.

Great lights.
Yeah, I still love these lights. As I mentioned above, I gave away a few of them, and people were blown away. I would like to buy more, just to give away.

If you think of anything similar, please post here. Thanks!