SureFire DM Defender. Will there be one?

happyguy82

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys,

I have been out of touch for a couple of months. I had been waiting for SureFire to release the 500lumens DM Defender. They have now released the P2X Fury Defender. The thing that's missing for this is the TIR lens.

So should I continue waiting for this DM Defender that they were due to release in Q3/Q4 this year or is this Fury Defender it as far as 500lumens torches with strike bezels are concerned?

Thanks.

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast
The P2X Fury Defender being released, along with the other Fury variants, makes me worry about the prospects of the DM Defender and some of the other 500 lumen/TIR lights making it to market this year.

happyguy82

Newly Enlightened
yeah same here, especially since the Defender is also tactical (1 setting).

could it be that SF have decided against using a TIR lens with these super bright XM-L LEDs?

fresh eddie fresh

Enlightened
The DM2 is on my "must buy" list for sure. I like the two speed, and I'm hoping the TIR makes it a mega thrower.

With the optional tactical two stage tailcap, it seems pretty similar to the updated LX2 in performance... I think I am going to get the clicky, though.

...of course this is all if they ever actually come out!

Paladin

Enlightened
They have now released the P2X Fury Defender. The thing that's missing for this is the TIR lens.
Thanks.

The P2X Fury throws well enough without a TIR lens. Some users actually PREFER reflector based lights. Like what SF used on the L2, L4, and L6 for instance.

Paladin

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast
...and are all vaporware at this point in time.

It will be interesting to see if they do release any small XM-L lights with TIR optics.

SHUT UP AND STOP RUINING IT FOR ME!

The DM2 is on my "must buy" list for sure. I like the two speed, and I'm hoping the TIR makes it a mega thrower.

With the optional tactical two stage tailcap, it seems pretty similar to the updated LX2 in performance... I think I am going to get the clicky, though.

...of course this is all if they ever actually come out!

The updated LX2 and LX2U are supposed to out-throw the DM2, at 12,000cd for LX2/LX2U and 9,700cd for DM2.

happyguy82

Newly Enlightened
The P2X Fury throws well enough without a TIR lens. Some users actually PREFER reflector based lights. Like what SF used on the L2, L4, and L6 for instance.

Paladin

That might work for a first time buyer but for one who already owns the P2X Fury like myself, I'm not sure if I want to fork out the same amount for the same thing with a strike bezel :(

So back to my original question, will the DM2 Defender be manufactured and sold at some point? Any ideas?

Thanks.