Olight I2 EOS

ragweed

Enlightened
I am thinking of getting one. Has Olight fixed the mode skipping problem? Also are they reliable? Any other comments good/bad are welcome also. Thanks!

whiteoakjoe

Enlightened
I have one, and have purchased 3 others. All were OK and I never had an issue with any of them. The other 3 were given as gifts for friends or family that did not have decent flashlight, and the little lights just seem to become favorites for people. (especially those who have never had a modern LED flashlight) I like the AA version because batteries are so common. And when I give them as a gift I know everyone has AA's laying around.

davecroft

Enlightened
Mine mode skips a bit, but its not a big problem for me. But for some reason it is just not one of my favourite lights and to be honest I have never really used it much. It doesn't seem that bright on high, but it always works, has a nice clip and it was pretty cheap.

As far as low-cost lights go, I use my Fenix E11 a lot more

Danielight

Enlightened
I have an Olight i3 EOS, and it has no problem with mode-skipping. Maybe the problem was only common on the i2, though.

LowLumen

Newly Enlightened
The mode skipping is caused by intermittent contact when you turn the light on; the driver sees more than one on/off cycle, going to the next mode.
Usually cleaning the contact surfaces of battery, driver, spring, and battery tube will fix the problem. I make a habit of wiping the surfaces each time I refresh the battery.
My EDC is the ITP A3 but I do have a Olight I2 & ITP A2. The levels are about the same but the I2 has much better run times for the larger battery. ..... Still the A3 wins for being so tiny it always has a place in my pocket.