H502d problem

nullface

Newly Enlightened
So I just got a H502d and have been fidelig with the output settings. I'm running eneloop XX and regular eneloop batteries fully charged.

But I seem to have a problem, I think. The light has a mind of it's own. If I only use and change medium and low settings, it all seems fin, I can use it at all M and L output settings.
But if I turn it on high, it goes rogue after a few seconds. It dosent seem to matter what I do on high settings, if I try to change output or just turn it on to use it, after a few seconds it start to toggle through high-medium-low for a random number of times, and stops on either medium or low, or doesn't stop at all.

The instructions are pretty straight forward and I dont think I'm doing anything wrong, but I'm not sure as this is my first Zebralight.

sbbsga

Enlightened
I had a somewhat similar situation on my H502. Long story short, I did not tighten the tail cap all the way for good contact.

Hope it helps.

nullface

Newly Enlightened
I found that it is only the H1 setting that is fubar. If I quickly switch to H2 when I turn it on (any setting, 110 or 72) there is no problem. But H1 only runs for a few seconds and then starts to toggle low-medium-high (not high-medium-low sorry :)), and sometimes stops at a random output or just keeps going til I unscrew the cap.

sbbsga

Enlightened
Mine did not stay long at H1 too. I could not recall if it kept on cycling through the modes though. Check the contacts and thread for dirt, just in case.