Bought a streamlight sl-20x today

pal251

Newly Enlightened
Bought a sl-20x today. I like it so far. Letting it charge right now. Once I get to work I will let you guys know how it goes

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Go get a sl-35x bulb and put in it... A great marriage, run time suffers though but it is rechargable!!!! Go give it a try! I think that you will like it.

pal251

Newly Enlightened
ya i was in teh process of looking for the cheapst fastest place to get one from. the dealer I got it from dont carry accessories for that model.
Any ideas

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Bushman:
Go get a sl-35x bulb and put in it... A great marriage, run time suffers though but it is rechargable!!!! Go give it a try! I think that you will like it.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">this setup works great. good luck finding acc's for it. i had trouble finding a supplier that had what i wanted with reasonable prices and shipping. search ebay and email sellers with what you want.

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
I too "upbulbed" to the 35X bulb in my 20X along with the UCL lense.

This sucka is bright! It's like the 2d coming of Christ happening in my backyard.

Very bright but only about 40 minutes of runtime.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Jeff:
I too "upbulbed" to the 35X bulb in my 20X along with the UCL lense.

This sucka is bright! It's like the 2d coming of Christ happening in my backyard.

Very bright but only about 40 minutes of runtime.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">this is why i sold my sl20x with 35x bulb to buy the tigerlight. tl is smaller, lighter and much brighter with 1.1hr of run time.

pal251

Newly Enlightened
I knew the sl20x was a tried and true design. Was going to get a stinger xt but ...that big hunk of aluminum love just seems to have more intimidation and stopping power.
Do these chargers turn green when they are done charging?

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Originally posted by tkl:
......tigerlight. tl is smaller, lighter and much brighter with 1.1hr of run time.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">tkl,

Is that 1.1hrs at full or near full brightnes steady on? That would be remarkable for a light that size and brightness, really exceptional for a steady burn. I'd be afraid to run my FBOP to its limit, but if you've run tested and found this to be true please post!

Thanks,
Brightnorm

pal251

Newly Enlightened
I will give props to tigerlight but I like streamlight products better. I wont get into a tigerlight vs streamlight sl20x match. I just wanted a proven design. Maybe if I seen one in person I would be won over with it. I would only take the OC version anways

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by pal251:
I will give props to tigerlight but I like streamlight products better. I wont get into a tigerlight vs streamlight sl20x match. I just wanted a proven design. Maybe if I seen one in person I would be won over with it. I would only take the OC version anways
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">with tl's warranty and participation here, not to mention buying through dan(tactical warehouse), i feel better about buying from tl vs. streamlight.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by brightnorm:
[QB

Is that 1.1hrs at full or near full brightnes steady on? That would be remarkable for a light that size and brightness, really exceptional for a steady burn. I'd be afraid to run my FBOP to its limit, but if you've run tested and found this to be true please post!

Thanks,
Brightnorm[/QB]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">i beleive it's on dan's site @ 1.1hr per charge. after charging mine for 12hrs or so when i first got it, i showed it to a few friends demonstrating over a week period. i then discharged it cause the instructions say several cycles may be necessary to achieve full capacity. after the above it ran for 1hr before dimming. i'll have to do a runtime again.