Beamshots here! M*g 458/FF3/SBT90 SR90/TRJ-12 Boost driver & more!

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast
ok, as promised here are some beamshots of my mag 458 and some of my other custom lights

i gave it a college try to get the camera settings right... iso 400, white balance set to daylight for all shots, basically unless otherwise noted I made sure the settings were as identical as possible for each shot... still my camera is a cheap $100 point and shoot and I have no tripod and no photoshop (i blew all my $ on lights)

enjoy!:wave:

control shot.... its dark... lol

another control shot, but with the over head 4x 75watt bulbs on... my wall is actually kind of a warmish gray color... i believe its called meditation... who knows, my wife picked the color :grin2:

another control shot if you will... a standard 2d mag incan... bone stock here folks!

same light but taken from behind the light

our first contestant is the 42watt hid fire foxes ff3... bulb temp is 4300k, 4000 lumens (i believe 4000 is accurate)

ff3 from behind the light to capture the spill... and you even get some yummy high cri of my laundry pile and abstract artwork on the right! win!

our next contender is a modded sr90. it has been modded with a top bin sbt-90 led for 52% increased throw by vinh... details can be seen here

shot from behind the light... light wasnt perfectly 90º to the wall, but oh well!:tinfoil:

same light, same shot as above, but i turned down the exposure all the way so you can see how pronounced the hot spot is in real life :) this thing is a lightsaber at long range!!

modded crelant 7g9... modded by vinh to 4.32amps... very tight xml beam

same shot as above but turned down the exposure all the way so you can see the hotspot

sst90 mag... running at 9a with dws driver... link to this build is here

i estimate close to 2000lm... gets hot fast at 9a

turned down the exposure all the way for this shot

trustfire trj-12 with kd 5xml driver... guessing i am close to 4000lumens at turn on with this one details of this build can be seen here

photo is deceiving... this thing puts out a WALL of light that will derail a freight train:poof:

mag 458... much brighter in person... those who have seen this bulb in action know what i mean

running a MOP reflector here, gets rid of most of the ringyness that i had with a vlop reflector (after looking at this shot again, it looks a tad underexposed... but my batteries are dead now :confused:) in fact, this light puts out MORE light than the firefoxes 3 in EVERY way

lower exposure

ceiling bounce from other side of the room... got cri?

cooling down :)

please excuse my crappy camera and photography skills... i do not profess to know anything about cameras, just trying to get the settings to be the same for each light... and sorry about my apartment... its tiny so there are piles of crap everywhere lol

:wave:cheers!

edit: still looking for a good place for long range outdoor beamshots... i live in an urban area so its tough