Free to the first modder....

unclearty

Enlightened
I received some samples from On Semiconductor. I have (2)..NCP5007sNT1G...and (2) NCP1403SNT1....SMD chips. These are micro dc to dc converters. They are still sealed in their packages and I will send them to someone who could actually use them. Please note ..these are SMD devices..they are incredibly small. Conventional soldering will not work. Anyone want them?? First person gets them.

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hopefully someone will take them who knows what the heck to do with them, not just because they are being given free. That's why I'm not going to say, "I'll take them" because I wouldn't have a clue as to how to utilize them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is very nice of you. I read the specs on the NCP5007sNT1G and it sounds cool in that it supports a dimming function via PWM and this happens to be the method specified by lumileds for the luxeon 3. I'm no electical guru, but these little things seem like they should be useful somewhere. The only draw backs were the maximum voltage in being ~5.5v and the max output is 1W. These may be useful in a small mod with a single 123 or even a li-ion cell. I wonder if two of these can be run in parallel?

I wonder if CM has seen this? I'll drop him a line.

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
These are good for driving multiple 5mm LED's. Good example would be a 5mm UV array in a cheap host. The advantage is the simplicity of the circuit. Sure beats the heck out of the Zetex with its incredibly small sense resistor value. If no one's dying to have one, I'll take it but would defer to anyone that really really want to have them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CM

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
I need to look at the datasheet before commenting.

I (fill in blank)

1) have too much to do.

2) need this like I need a hole in my head.

3) won't be visiting CPF for another 48 hours.

4) all the above.

I probably won't have time to look into this. Sounds interesting tho. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif