Name, size and where to get small DC power connectors and jacks?

jason 77

Enlightened
Does anyone know what the power connector is called and where to buy them, I am talking about the 3rd from the left in the picture below.
photoroundpowerconnecto.jpg

I need a super small one like this in both male and female connections for a LED light project I am planning, but am having a hard time finding them on the likes of Jameco or Newark because I don't know what they are officially called?

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Most of the adapters are listed by their dimensions on the outside. I think radio shack sells them but you can probably ebay them also.

sn0wBLiND

Newly Enlightened
That looks like a generic 2.5mm x 0.7mm dc plug, I'm not sure if all of those coaxial connectors even have a proper name like Lynx Arc stated.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
That looks like a generic 2.5mm x 0.7mm dc plug, I'm not sure if all of those coaxial connectors even have a proper name like Lynx Arc stated.

That one looks rather similar to a cell phone plug... like nokia or something but it is hard to tell the size without dimensions comparing them to other plugs of unknown sizes. 2.5x0.7 sounds pretty close but then they may have 2.7mm out there also.

moderator007

Enlightened
You may have to measure the plug with some calipers to be sure. Digi-key sale these type plugs. Type in (plug barrel power) in digikeys search box. You can also try (jack barrel power) under connectors. As far as I know there called a barrel plug with there size as the type.

Last edited:

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
But accoring to my experiemce tssi kind of connectors does not hold up (mate to each other) very well.