What would you do ?

acura tech

Newly Enlightened
What would you do if you came back from lunch and found the a$$hole that works next to you using your Saberlight?

Ualnosaj

Enlightened
Depends if you told them explicitly not to, or if it's closed up in your toolbox and they needed effort to reach it.

ZRXBILL

Enlightened
What would you do if you came back from lunch and found the a$$hole that works next to you using your Saberlight?

Since you've refered to him as "the a$$hole" I'll assume you don't get along very well in which case I would tell him to leave my stuff alone and not to do it again.

acura tech

Newly Enlightened
I hate when people use my stuff and then act like "whats the problem I'm just using it"

I took a pix of the crime scene for future evidence, I caught him red handed or is it white lol. see the smirk on his face he thinks it's funny.

6ybuveba.jpg

Normally I'd think it's funny too but I guess I just don't like this guy that much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

acura tech

Newly Enlightened
Depends if you told them explicitly not to, or if it's closed up in your toolbox and they needed effort to reach it.

Yeah I told him not to use my stuff in the past. It's hard to lock this light up in my box because it will only fit in the top drawer, and I'd have to take out a lot of tools to get it in there, this thing is BIG.

ericjohn

Enlightened
Saying something like "Who the hell you think you are taking my light...Give it right back to me this instant or you will be hear the foreman and the police!" Then if I was making enough money, I would start EDCing a Surefire E2D.

Larbo

Enlightened
I would tell him if it ever happens again you will tie the light to your shoe and use it to give him a free colon exam.

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
EDIT: I had assumed he borrowed one of your flashlights but wow just now noticed the big light attached to the hood.

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Based on the picture, I'd tell him to act like a professional and get his own Saberlight.

Ask him if he's an amateur. And if he is, then he can borrow someone else's tools if he can't afford his own.

Don't go for the jugular . . . Hit him where it really hurts, his Ego.

beach honda

Enlightened
I was a Honda/ Acura tech for ten years until all my tools were stolen during a recent move. Now I am struggling to buy tools little at a time till I can get back in the business. I know how it feels when people borrow tools without permission. They start missing after a while. If Its a friend, sure...but if it's that lead tech that gets all the gravy, 30k services, and timing belt jobs...tell him y'all take his hand to the bearing press.

biglights

Enlightened
I hate when people use my stuff and then act like "whats the problem I'm just using it"

I took a pix of the crime scene for future evidence, I caught him red handed or is it white lol. see the smirk on his face he thinks it's funny.

6ybuveba.jpg

Normally I'd think it's funny too but I guess I just don't like this guy that much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the look on his face, awesome.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tools, underwear and Girlfriends you shall NEVER borrow from another man. Who's going to update the tablets?

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
As a retired Union Journeymen Mechanic who worked for both Toyota and Mercedes Benz dealerships I can say that if you borrow it once you had better bought what was needed the second time.

I would be pissed off if this would have happened to me; I never borrowed a tool that I did not buy for the next time it might be needed.

Taking any tool without asking is serious problem. :mad:

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was a Honda/ Acura tech for ten years until all my tools were stolen during a recent move. Now I am struggling to buy tools little at a time till I can get back in the business. I know how it feels when people borrow tools without permission. They start missing after a while. If Its a friend, sure...but if it's that lead tech that gets all the gravy, 30k services, and timing belt jobs...tell him y'all take his hand to the bearing press.

This is why I worked in only a Union Dealership where your tools were insured because of theft, fire, or any other reason.

I retired over 20 years ago and my tools then had a value of over $15,000.

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I was working in the shop I had a smallish sign on my toolbox lid that said tools rented $100.00 per tool per 15 minute period. $100.00 dollar deposit on each tool nonrefundable. There is no excuse for a qualified mechanic to need to borrow any tools from another mechanic if they are a top rate tech.

FPSRelic

Enlightened
Yeah that's pretty low. I'd never borrow anyone's tools unless I asked first, and I'd ask expecting them to say no. As such, I'd expect other people to respond in kind. If someone did that I would ask him politely not to do it again, offering him a sabrelight catalogue. If he did it again, I'd tell him firmly not to do it agian, giving him a sabrelight catalogue. The third time, I'd find out how much damage I could inflict on a human with a sabrelight catalogue ;)