Dumb Question: MN01, MN02 or MN03 on 2AA?

Datasaurusrex

Enlightened
Before I do something stupid and waste $15 or $20 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Could one run a MN01, MN02 or MN03 on 2AAs?
(e.g. Durecell or Energizer)

I know, shtupid shilly question... but I'm curious.

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
My guess is you could run a MNO1 since it fits on the 3V E1e. I read on some thread running the 6V lamps on 3V could shorten their life, not to mention it won't be very bright.

Kevin Tan

Enlightened
There is also a question of the amps being pulled from batts. Only use Nicd or Nimh if you do it.

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
I'm running the MN01 on two NiMH batteries in the UBH II with the E1E bezel. Tried it with the E1 bezel (wanted the pocket clip) first, and didn't like the resulting beam. I asked the same question earlier this year. Was told that AA lithiums will blow the bulb. Alkalines don't work well. Don't think they put out the required amps.

The best use for the UBH II is to put the KL1 on it. Stuff it with 123A's, AA Lithiums, AA NiMH's, AA NiCd's or AA alkalines. With dummy cells you can use only one or two 123A's.
oldgrandpajack

Kevin Tan

Enlightened
For KL1 and KL4 head, I suggest trying to get 17670 Li-ion rechargables. They have the required step up and cut off voltage. I am currently trying to get someone with a Stinger see wether the 3.6v bulb will fit into the TL2. I will use 2x17500 in the TL3. Am getting the TL2 and TL3 frm www.knifeworks.com . I know that there are sites with cheaper prices but they do not ship overseas and do not accept credit cards. What a bummer!