Solar powered light for $3.00

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
This doesn't look like the Free Light (Swiss Light) at all.
Maybe I ought to buy one just for {vulgar term for multiple feces} and giggles, then report on it here.

(Edit) Just bought one of these. If my Visa debit card goes through, I ought to have it in a week or so. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
In fact here's a LINK; although the price higher it gives a better picture (if it's the same one).

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
MR Bulk said:
Craig FYI I believe it is an incandescent. Just so you know.

[/ QUOTE ]
o o, it's too late now...maybe that blub can be changed with an LED; maybe it can't. Guess I'll know soon enough.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif :toliet: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
i have a few of those.
uses a varta v170 nicad coin cell and a #112 bulb.
seem to work but if the 1 cell led bulbs can still be gotten they would work.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I received the light today. It's larger than the Free Light; has a larger solar cell too. I set it in the window not long after I received it; it ought to be charged up in a couple of more days.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
What a POS...I left it in the window for almost two full days, and when I grabbed it and pushed the button, I got that characteristic "dead battery" behaviour of the light bulb starting at maybe 70%, then dropping off to 0% within 5 seconds or so.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smoker5.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif
Guess I'll leave it in the window for a week now (until sunset next Friday), and see what happens.