Nitecore IFE1 flickering

MANDEM

Newly Enlightened
I have been a long time lurker, and have gained a great deal of useful information from the threads here. Just wondering if anyone can help me with this problem. I got an Infilux IFE1 a few days ago (XML). Swapped out the boot switch straight away for a Sunwayman V10 Ti one so it could tail stand. The unit seems of very good build quality. However on mid to high settings its seems to fluctuate in brightness. On very low and max settings ,its fine. It's not neccessarily flickering or strobing, but just moving between a lower and higher level intermmitantly. I had a similar issue with my RRT0, but after a few months it seemed to work itself out. I have cleaned the threads (have not lubed them) and cleaned the contacts and switch. Nothing changed. What I need to know is, if there is a fix for this I can do myself, or does it need to go back. I have been using primary CR123's only.

zorro

Newly Enlightened
I have been a long time lurker, and have gained a great deal of useful information from the threads here. Just wondering if anyone can help me with this problem. I got an Infilux IFE1 a few days ago (XML). Swapped out the boot switch straight away for a Sunwayman V10 Ti one so it could tail stand. The unit seems of very good build quality. However on mid to high settings its seems to fluctuate in brightness. On very low and max settings ,its fine. It's not neccessarily flickering or strobing, but just moving between a lower and higher level intermmitantly. I had a similar issue with my RRT0, but after a few months it seemed to work itself out. I have cleaned the threads (have not lubed them) and cleaned the contacts and switch. Nothing changed. What I need to know is, if there is a fix for this I can do myself, or does it need to go back. I have been using primary CR123's only.

A long time has elapsed since this post, so maybe the issue is resolved, but as I recall my IFE1 did something similar when the battery was getting depleted. Installing a fresh battery eliminated the problem.

If this is your experience as well, it might be of interest to others in the forum.

MANDEM

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the input. I've tried fresh cells to no avail. If anything it seems to be getting worse. So much so that I hardly EDC it now. Its a shame because its a great light otherwise. The Jetbeam RRT0 (S2), which used to annoy me with its flicker now gets most of my work pocket time. The only thing I have'nt tried is RCR's. I don't know if its worth it for one light.