Infinity/MadMax/CR2 mod, part 2

Dan C

Enlightened
Wow, what a flurry of Infinity stuff! You may have seen my earlier post on the custom Infinity head with a MadMax using the AA body. I just cut down an extra Infinity body to use a CR2 battery. I also cut down the back end as this will be a pocket light and I don't need a lanyard attachment. This alone shortened the light by .550"! Oh Larry, it's still 2.050" long /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Dan C
infinity4.jpg

infinity5.jpg

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
WOW! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

BC

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Dan C,

Why the frown- its shorter'n mine. Turn the lanyard off, mine drops to .710dia X 1.988 long. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif (I can't wait to hear the comments re bragging about the shortest.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif )

Larry

Dan C

Enlightened
Chief, I cut off the front of the pack, bored it, then single pointed the threads. Then machined off the rear to make it as short as possible. The wall thickness is about .040". It's a cute little bugger, but I like your 2XCR2 setup a lot!! Too bad nobody makes a sandwich that will handle it that a moron like me can buy.

Dan C

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Dan,

2 CR2s, a BB750, and A 5W works very well! (Whoops, almost left out the asbestos gloove. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif ) Actually in that package I think it would be good for 3-4 minutes at a time. You do need to get some metal against the IC and diode on the board or it will thermal shutdown first.

Larry

Chief_Wiggum

Enlightened
lol, Dan. I like yours better /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. I think once I get thread cutting I'm going to have some _real_ fun.