Thrunite Scorpion V3 - Problem with MOMENTARY ON (Flashlight error or user error)

eastvoltresearch

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

Just purchased a Thrunite Scorpion V3 and when i have the flashlight set to MOMENTARY MODE, it doesn't do anything. I assume from the very poorly written instructions that came with the flashlight that this mode indicates that the flashlight will illuminate at full intensity when you depress the button on the back of the flashlight, but when i do, nothing happens.

Just wondering if anyone had this problem, if its a known issue with this flashlight, or maybe something i'm doing wrong.

I've tried to contact Thru-nite, but have not been successful.

Ragnar66

Enlightened
Had this issue. Just make sure your lined up properly with the two notches and make sure there isn't a ton of thread lube. Mine was soaked in it. I also found that when you tighten the cap turn the select switch back and forth a bit as you tighten.

rickypanecatyl

Enlightened
I wasn't aware they had a V.3. Any idea what the differences are? My V1 quickly broke the lense and was replaced with a v2 when the tailcap went funky and was left with only strobe.
The new one also broke the lens (2x)...

I love the light but would love to see:
- a stronger lens
- a more "logical" mode oder on the tail swith (ie fire fly, low, med, high oppossed to firefly, "infinely slow ramping limited variable left on low", strobe, turbo.
- more robust tail cap and probably a clickie

Floppy legs

Newly Enlightened
Hello,
I've had my V2 with turbo head for a couple of months now, it's been fine as long as you really screw the end cap on well without touching the mode selector ring.