Selfmade (still beta) belt holster for Matches/CR123 capsules!

illuminate

Newly Enlightened
Hi there,

for a longer time I tried to get a solution, how to carry spare batteries with me.
I used the match capsule from lighthound a lot. But I had to keep it in my back pack or front pocket.
So I was thinking about how to carry it on the belt.
I searched my gear for a suitable pouch ... and I discovered my old duct tape wallet ... bingo ... my gorilla tape did some magic tricks in the past for me.

I placed one layer of tape on my work space and put another layer on the sticky side. I got a study line of duct tape which I connected with another line of tape.
I wraped the tape around the capsule and fixed it with tape.
The result is a flexible but not too flexible sheath (I can squeeze it and I holds the shape).

To mount it on the belt I used paracord, which I fixed with .. of course .. duct tape :D
Now I have a very sturdy, inexpensive holder, which easiely holds the capsule without any fear, that I ever could come out (unless I want it to come out).

At last I worked on the interior of the capsule.
I don't like, when the batteries connect each others.
So I took a bit Paracord and glued it together to get a donut ring. I put one battery in, placed the ring and put the second battery in. It fits like a glove.
I took a few layers "rite in the rain" paper and put it in the capsule (it does not rattle but it is nice to have a blank paper if the need comes).
The batteries are thight and secure in the capsule and everytime available.

It costs around $3 and it works perfect!

I will use it a while. Maybe I will make a new, propper one. But this one works quiet good ... it's not a beauty ... but .. who care's :D

k1024dsc08600.jpg

k1024dsc08610.jpg