Magcharger led reviews

radman58

Newly Enlightened
I just joined the forum and I must say there is a wealth of knowedge to be found here. ANyways, I have been searching but yet to find ant reviews on here about an item I am interested in purchasing. I hae a Magcharger that I want to upgrade to led. I found a website taht sellls one. On paper everything looks great, but I prefer to have reviews by people who actually own or have used products. The website is www.ledmag.nl. I am looking at the P7 LED, 900 lumen, 1 mode. Let me know your thoughts. Thanksin advance.

radman58

Norselight

Newly Enlightened
Hi, i have both of those inserts.

I first bought the 900lm version and a new 3500ah battery that literally brought new life to my old Magcharger! The light output is fantastic compared to the old one with a nicely shaped beam giving good flood and reasonable throw. The color temp is very sensible (not too blue) and runtimes on full i`d say are around 2-3 hours and much longer on the lower settings.

When Tim introduced the 1300lm smooth beam i jumped at it right away since it fits my needs better. Close in flood light is still very nice but the throw is much better with very useable light at 400+ meters. I`d say maximum noticeable throw is around 800 meters in ideal conditions. Runtime is of course a little shorter but noting bothersome.
I can recommend this mod over all the others you get for the Magcharger.

Brgds

sortafast

Enlightened
I don't know anything about those dropins, but I modded a Magcharger with a P7 about 4 or so years ago and its been pretty nice. I think the LED is only rated to 600lm but its bright and gets ok runtime with the factory battery pack. I want to upgrade it at some point in time, but for now it works great.

Shurefire

Newly Enlightened
Malkoff's magcharger drop in is excellent, especially if you like neutral tints. Plus it is bulletproof and I believe it will work in a streamlight sl20x as well.

wedlpine

Enlightened
I was also looking at these and wondering if there is a US seller of the same upgrades or something very similar. I was looking at the 1300 lumen upgrade.