Nitecore TM11 neutral or cool white?

Craig K

Enlightened
I am going to buy the Nitecore TM11 but I can't decide if I should get it in neutral or cool white, please help me decide which one to get?
Do you lose much brightness in the neutral version over the cool white version? Just how warm is the neutral version in the TM11 its not too yellow is it, which one should I choose?

Thanks.

Last edited:

aau007

Enlightened
Do you own any cool white or warm lights? Maybe someone here can get you a relative sense if you can state some samples of your cool white and warm definitions.

I have a Jetbeam rrt21 and the TM11 cool white is warmer than the rrt21, not by much but is noticeable. I would say the TM11CW is a dash warmer than sunlight.

oKtosiTe

Enlightened
My cool white TM11 is a fair bit warmer than my cool white Quark X AA². It's the most neutral white on any of the flashlights I own, but of course I don't have a neutral white TM11 to compare... :/

Last edited:

Craig K

Enlightened
Thanks guys for the info, I might go for the cool white because I am a little worried the neutral might be to yellow for me.

K9Patrol

Newly Enlightened
Just got my Neutral Tm11 from gg, very happy with its neutralness and output. Especially since it's more floodish on the spill. My other throwers are CW.

oKtosiTe

Enlightened
As a side note: if I would have had the choice when I bought my TM11, I would have gone for the neutral white one. I doubt it will be overly yellow, since my cool white is still quite cool compared to my Osram neutral white GU10 spots (which are the most neutral indoor lights I own).

aau007

Enlightened
I just found one of my old picture comparing the two TM11 color. Keep in mind because of auto balance, the two colors are to show the relative warmness between the two TM11 versions, not necessarily the exact color to your eyes.

tm11-warm-cool.JPG

Below is a picture comparing the tm11 warm at turbo vs Jetbeam rrt21 at max.

tm11w-turbo-rrt21-max.JPG

Patriot

Flashaholic
This might be a flawed concept but in general I like neutral floods and CW throwers. Obviously, many lights fall in between so I just have to ask myself, what will I be using it for? Where higher CRI is desired I go with neutral. When the need for throw is more important than CRI, I'll go with CW. I don't think you'll be dissatisfied with the neutral TM11. Mine wasn't too yellow and sometimes I'm sensitive to that.

kralyevski

Newly Enlightened
I am going to buy the Nitecore TM11 but I can't decide if I should get it in neutral or cool white, please help me decide which one to get?
Do you lose much brightness in the neutral version over the cool white version? Just how warm is the neutral version in the TM11 its not too yellow is it, which one should I choose?

Thanks.

hi, did you bought the tm11 already? i want to order warm but i read somewhere that regular (cool) version is prety neutral, any sugestions?

Craig K

Enlightened
Hi guys thanks for the replies I have not bought the TM11 yet I am still deciding.

Larbo

Enlightened
I bought a Neutral and love it, the colors of the area it lights up look so much more natural then if a cool white light is used. I recommend the Neutral....

Yourfun2

Enlightened
The TM11 neutral is my favorite. I returned a cool white and find myself wishing the TM15 had the warmer tint. I believe the TM11 is T5 and the TM15 is T6.