Proof that the Nitecore MH1A is waterproof

gravitysux

Newly Enlightened
I ordered 4 Nitecore MH1A's from hkequipment, the shipping dragged out a bit, and when I finally got the package after 3 weeks I can begin to understand why - It's been drowned somewhere between Hong Kong and here. Obviously it's not hkequipments fault, they did a good job of packing with bubblewrap and a great job adding that string that probably saved the contents from falling out!

IMG_9901.JPG

The plastic cover over the package was added by the shipping company after the package had been soaked in water, so while it kept the contents inside, it also kept the water inside soaking the contents thoroughly for probably 3 weeks. All 4 light packages inside were destroyed, the lights were dripping wet, manuals were disintegrated, and accessories were soaking.

IMG_9904.JPG

Luckily the o-rings did their job, lights were all screwed tight with batteries inside, charging ports closed, and they all worked fine! A quick wipedown and clean and they all look like new. I'll just have to be creative with finding new packaging and printing the manuals, as 3 of them are to be xmas gifts.

I love the MH1A light so far, nice and bright, good runtime, nice solid UI, integrated USB charging works as it should with the included 14500 Li-Ions, and they run just as great (just a little less bright) on all the AA's I've tried (Eneloops, Lithium primaries, and Alkalines)

Oh and my other package with 10 ThruNite Ti's came from Singapore in 5 days without a scratch :)

sbbsga

Enlightened
That is very unfortunate but at least the contents are okay. You also have Eneloop Glitter in there, are they fine too?

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hehe! Did the light swim to Norway? Hehehe. :)

Good test for the light to show it's resilience to being submerged in water! :) If that were an Explorer series of light, it might not be so lucky.

gravitysux

Newly Enlightened
That is very unfortunate but at least the contents are okay. You also have Eneloop Glitter in there, are they fine too?

Good observation I did not notice them in the picture myself :) The Eneloops were soaking wet as well, and the package disintegrating, but they seem to be fine and they glitter like new after drying out :) The two I tested had charge and worked fine, I've not gotten around to testing all of them, but they are sealed cells and should be fine. Thankfully it was freshwater that got into the package so it should not create much corrosion after I dried out everything.

Last edited:

sbbsga

Enlightened
Good observation I did not notice them in the picture myself :) The Eneloops were soaking wet as well, and the package disintegrating, but they seem to be fine and they glitter like new after drying out :) The two I tested had charge and worked fine, I've not gotten around to testing all of them, but they are sealed cells and should be fine. Thankfully it was freshwater that got into the package so it should not create much corrosion after I dried out everything.

Awesome! I hope you repack them as is and tell the recipients about the amazing Christmas tale those MH1A's went through. The manuals can be obtained from Nitecore's website. Enjoy! :D