is this LED torch got the better LED's ?.

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
hi there, is this LED torch better than what you would could find on maybe amazon and ebay?. is this LED torch worth it?. or is there better in this range?. its only £7.19 GBP. for a friend who wants to spend less than £10. thanks.

the ad states this...

Leds are Japanese made and do not suffer from the inferior chinese fading chips. (compare the brightness after 50 hours use interior led will fade to half brighness - these wont)

http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/12-uv-ultra-violet-leds-metal-torch-3-x-aaa-high-brightness-le.html

I also noticed in a torch like this before, sometimes you got to bang/shake it to work brighter...

Last edited:

Ragnar66

Enlightened
Its a UV light..its says UV in the dexcription..not good for home. Not a flashlight that does the same thing as a led light. UV is very bad for the eyes, it will find body fluids,excellerants, so police work amongst others.

Burntrice

Newly Enlightened
If it's just something cheap for a friend then try one from Tesco's. They have a couple of good ones for sale, google 'tesco cree torch'

I've heard some good feed back about them, less than a tenner, uses 2 x AA batts and as your in London I'm guessing there's a Tesco's in walking distance.

Make sure its the cree torch though as they have a few other naff ones.

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Leds are Japanese made and do not suffer from the inferior chinese fading chips. (compare the brightness after 50 hours use interior led will fade to half brighness - these wont)

http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/12-uv-ultra-violet-leds-metal-torch-3-x-aaa-high-brightness-le.html

Hello from a fellow UK CPFer

Don't buy from that website, theiving b@${@#% stole £40 from me.
As for that statement about japanese LEDs, that's absolute BS. Biggest load of crap I've ever heard.

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks much will do. nice. will probably buy that.

If it's just something cheap for a friend then try one from Tesco's. They have a couple of good ones for sale, google 'tesco cree torch'

I've heard some good feed back about them, less than a tenner, uses 2 x AA batts and as your in London I'm guessing there's a Tesco's in walking distance.

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
well ages ago i ordered some sidelights off them which was no issues on those few occasions.
the issues are that they never get back to any email I send them.

lucky I dont deal with them now, really.
why did they make that japanese statement then i wonder...

Hello from a fellow UK CPFer

Don't buy from that website, theiving b@${@#% stole £40 from me.
As for that statement about japanese LEDs, that's absolute BS. Biggest load of crap I've ever heard.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
well ages ago i ordered some sidelights off them which was no issues on those few occasions.
the issues are that they never get back to any email I send them.

lucky I dont deal with them now, really.
why did they make that japanese statement then i wonder...

Many years ago, there was a fishing business that fished in waters where the salmon did not eat food fed by pink pigmented plankton, and the salmon's flesh was white instead of pink.

Customers seemed to be used to pink salmon though, the most common type.

The company was about to go out of business, when their marketing people had a great idea. They changed their ads to read: "Guaranteed not to turn pink in the can!"

It saved their company...and they lived up to their promise.

IE: Marketing.

:D

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
would this one be better ?. http://www.active-products.co.uk/a50275.html than this tesco one....

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=270576285

Last edited: