*Surefire G2 vs Streamlight Scorpion - Who is the winner?*

Size15's

Flashaholic
My two pence - the G2 is far tougher then I thought possible. It's light-weight, shorter than the M2, and very good value.
[Whenever I refer to the M2, I refer to the new M2]
The G2 can utilise a Lanyard kit and either the P60 or high output P61 Lamp Module. My view is that this more then enough reason for going with a SureFire such as the G2 rather then a Scorpion.

Some other things to consider;
Unlike the Scorpion, the SureFire TailCap switch will never fail, and the SureFire beam will always be in perfect focus.

Al

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Both are winner. One is the winner for one group of users and vise versa.

Granted, both are good light.

In additions to Al's good points on G2, G2 also allows higher output lamp option and optional conversion kit to change it to a rechargable light (with a little less output than its standard lamp).

Scorpion has spare bulb stored in the light, this is a very important feature (at least for easing my mind). Its bulb cost a lot less since it doesn't require extra assembly.

Unlike the G2, Scorpion tailcap switch will be safer from accidental switch-on that drain your battery until you feel the heat on your butt. Scorpion also has adjustable light beam capability that might be helpful for some users.

See, the same features could be flaws to different groups of poeple, again and vise versa.

Alan Chan