Olight S10 Ti, nice light, green tint!

paulsl

Enlightened
I liked the form factor of the S10 Baton so much that after returning both the S10 and S20 because of the awful green tint, I saw the ad of the S10 Baton Ti as NW and thought I'll get that. Got it, all excited, see the beautiful bead blasted finish, put in a battery and thought that the girl from the "Exorcist" had hurled on my wall. Same cast of characters as on the other thread but I find that on the Ti version it is nothing like NW. No white but even GREENER than before. No more Olight unless this dealer will check to see if they have one that's actually NW and not puke green. I have a call into them. If they do get back to me and it's nice I will post it here. Ti and green are a horrible match. I don't get it.
20121214154805.th.jpg
[/URL] [/IMG]
Sorry if this comes out a bit messy. I am not too good with the pics.

paulsl

Enlightened
I have several warm and NW XML's and they don't look like that. It's puke green. It is very close to the wall, maybe two feet, but it is very green. Look at the other thread as well. Scroll down. Maybe your monitor is off or your looking at it on an angle.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Your best bet is to swap the emitter in the S10 for something else. Nichia 219 4500k 92 CRI works very well in it. Not a hint of green and it's an easy swap.

paulsl

Enlightened
That's an idea since it's so nice otherwise but I've never swapped an emitter. Thanks. How many lumens do you get with Nichia 219 please? That or send it back unless the dealer checks one that's ok and swaps it. He'll have a very loyal customer if he does that.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's an idea since it's so nice otherwise but I've never swapped an emitter. Thanks. How many lumens do you get with Nichia 219 please? That or send it back unless the dealer checks one that's ok and swaps it. He'll have a very loyal customer if he does that.

I don't have a lightmeter so can't really test the lumens with the 219. It's noticeably less than with XM-L though.

MattSPL

Enlightened
I posted this in the S20 tint thread too, but here's my S10(Left), and S10-Ti(Right)

agunave8.jpg

paulsl

Enlightened
Would you please PM what dealer you got them at? I would like to get them from someone that has these. I do love the form. I go the Ti from one dealer and the S10 and S20 from another.

MattSPL

Enlightened
Would you please PM what dealer you got them at? I would like to get them from someone that has these. I do love the form. I go the Ti from one dealer and the S10 and S20 from another.

Pm sent :)

paulsl

Enlightened
Thank you very much. Just got back from a dinner party. I will try your sources after a phone call.

paulsl

Enlightened
Matt,

Thanks for the info. I ordered both Ti versions from your Honk Kong source and they agreed to check the tint on both before shipping them. I'm really shocked that two US dealers wouldn't do anything along those lines. I have spent big bucks at one of them but probably won't buy more than batteries if I can help it from them in the future.

I'll post the beam shots here when I get them. Fingers are crossed.

MattSPL

Enlightened
Matt,

Thanks for the info. I ordered both Ti versions from your Honk Kong source and they agreed to check the tint on both before shipping them. I'm really shocked that two US dealers wouldn't do anything along those lines. I have spent big bucks at one of them but probably won't buy more than batteries if I can help it from them in the future.

I'll post the beam shots here when I get them. Fingers are crossed.

Good news Paul :)

Both Ti versions :D I only have the brushed finish. You'll have to let us know which you prefer.

Cheers
Matt

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good news Paul :)

Both Ti versions :D I only have the brushed finish. You'll have to let us know which you prefer.

Cheers
Matt

I have the brushed finished, but wish I'd bought the polished finish.

Here's what I don't like about the brushed finish:
1. Looks just like anodized aluminum with natural HA finish. Like Zebralight. Isn't instantly recognizable as titanium.
2. Feels uncomfortably rough in the hand. Feels like I'm holding a piece of chalk. Polished titanium feels much nicer.

I'm thinking the perfect Olight would be an S10 Ti polished, with the pill and driver from an Olight S20 (I'm assuming they are identical in size). The S20's driver is better as it has shortcut to high, and runs at higher current. And for the emitter maybe a 5,000k XPG2.

Anyone have an S10 and S20 and can let me know if the pills are the same size? If so I might buy an S10 Ti polished and S20 so I can do the mod.

paulsl

Enlightened
I had both the S20 and S10. I posted just the S20 beam shot. I thought they had the same pill but am not sure. After seeing the tint I just wanted to send them back and didn't open them or play with them. Then I learned that the S10Ti was NW so I ordered it from another dealer. Thanks to MattSPL, I am waiting for both Ti versions. At that dealer, there was only a $20 difference between regular and Ti. Also, they are very good at Instant messaging via Skype and chatted with a very helpful chap by the name of Stanley. If anyone wants the dealer's name PM me.The bead blasted probably can weather carrying better than the polished version so instead of ordering a regular for carrying and a Ti I ordered both versions of the Ti. I may have them for Christmas Eve day! I will let you know as soon as I get them.

MattSPL

Enlightened
It was the 47's mini cr123 in brushed Ti that made me want a brushed Ti light, but i prefer clicky lights over twistie. After buying the S10 and really liking it, i just had to get the brushed Ti version :D

Pinvin78

Newly Enlightened
I have the bead blasted S10 Ti version, I really like the look and touch of it. The yellowish "natural" light was quite strange for me, but I am getting used to it:) I bought a polished one for my father as well.
I presumed, the blasted finish is more resistant, but it gets shinier, wherever it gets rubbed by something hard, like it's own clip:) Fortunately, as it gets more and more smudged and flawy, it looks even better... I like the battered look of it, it is rather a pro, not a con. The clip gets loose, and disturbs the ethetics, still, it is usefull.