D25C Clicky Flickers in one setting?

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just received an Eagletac D25C Clicky and it seems to have an issue that a search could not find any previous occurrence of?

If I am in the Group 1 high output mode then the lowest output in that mode flickers pretty much all the time.
It is very annoying and pretty much unusable like this for me.
The one setting is the only one that seems to be this way.

Anyone else have this happen?

Naturally I think this is my favorite Indoor output setting too.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine has the same problem.
I think you'll have to get it replaced.
Where did you get it from?

candlepowerforums.com/Eagletac-D25C

Thanks Gordo

Mine does it with 123 Primaries and I haven't tried it on RCR for this and won't how about yours?

I do like the light mostly like we were talking about the other day but this is really not going to work for me.
I wonder if there will be updated lights that also work correctly with RCR's,that would really hit all the bases.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh and mine came from Illumination Gear too!

I sent them an email this afternoon about it.

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Gordo

Mine does it with 123 Primaries and I haven't tried it on RCR for this and won't how about yours?

I do like the light mostly like we were talking about the other day but this is really not going to work for me.
I wonder if there will be updated lights that also work correctly with RCR's,that would really hit all the bases.

It will flicker on CR123 primaries and 16340s.
It is just a rare unlucky problem that was already fixed a while ago.
You got one that was still left in the wild is all.

The 2013 D25 Titanium models have a new driver that specifically mentions full RCR Lion Low/Med support.
If they update the driver on a black D25C XM-L2 T6 model next year, I'll get it.

cyclesport

Enlightened
I just received an Eagletac D25C Clicky and it seems to have an issue that a search could not find any previous occurrence of?

If I am in the Group 1 high output mode then the lowest output in that mode flickers pretty much all the time.
It is very annoying and pretty much unusable like this for me.
The one setting is the only one that seems to be this way.

Anyone else have this happen?

Naturally I think this is my favorite Indoor output setting too.

Post #161 in this thread was the initial report of the bad driver causing this phenomona back in 5/12 when the first D25C's were shipping. ET or the Dist. where you bought it should be able to get you a replacement head....

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...word-on-the-Eagletac-D25-series-clickys/page6

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
So Today I receive a replacement head from the seller and it does not flicker on any level.

But it is also not the same head as I already have?

I had an xp-G s2 and I think I was sent an XM-L but at least in the same tint.

So guess where I am going with this now?

Clearly the beam is much more throwy with a smaller spot with the original head that flickers.
Clearly the beam is bigger and less throwy with the XM-L

What surprises me is that I expected the XM-L to be much brighter on a wall at close range and the opposite seems to be the case?

I am trying to decide if I keep the new,wrong head with newer emitter or try again for the same head that I paid for?

kj2

Flashaholic
Emailed Eagletac today, with the question if the D25C still has that flicker problem. Don't wanna buy a light with problems ;)

Starkadder

Newly Enlightened
Sadly, looks like this problem has not gone away. Just taken receipt of a D25C Ti Clicky, and it flickers on the lowest mode. Have had to email distributor to replace.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sadly, looks like this problem has not gone away. Just taken receipt of a D25C Ti Clicky, and it flickers on the lowest mode. Have had to email distributor to replace.

Just to be clear about my feeling from my experience,I just got a bad head thats all.
The light is fine otherwise and with the replacement head has been fine ever since.

I don't know that I would say they have a problem with this light but just that I got a bad one it happens.

Good Luck
Ed

Moonshadow

Enlightened
Interesting - I have a D25LC2 Color and it flickers occasionally on the highest red level, but only with two CR123s.

On 18650 it's absolutely fine, so I wonder if it's a related problem ?

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
I own three D25Cs: an aluminum 2012 edition, Titanium 2013 edition, and Aluminum 2013 edition.

I run them with IMR 16340 cells. No flickering on any mode with any of the lights (though as expected the 2012 aluminum light doesn't support medium modes on 3.7v cells).