Looking for another flashlight.....

5.0Trunk

Enlightened
I'm looking for another flashlight to keep in my car. I just recently picked up a SF6P and love this thing but I am going to keep this in my home. I had my eye on the Z2. I want to keep it at a 2-123 since that batteries are kinda expensive. Is the Z2 a good light? Is there any other light you would recommend?

Thanks

Bill

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
A good beater for a car is the Brinkmann LX. It's a 2X123 light. $20 at Walmart.

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Z2 is a good light but unless you want the tactical switch (for use with handguns) it may be better to look at a G2.

Z2 with "combatgrip body style"
z2black_full.jpg

G2 more traditional body
g2black_full.jpg

Note
Both Z2 and G2 use the same lamp assemblies (P60 or P61) so light output should be identical.

SurefireM6

Enlightened
The G2 is perfect to keep in your glove box. It's made from non conductive Nitrolon material and it won't scratch up your car. The scorpion is good also but your limited on future upgradability. For $10 more you get the G2 and in the future you can upgrade later if you want like the High Output Lamp, Rechargeable Kit, Pyrex Glass Lens, 3 cell conversion for more light, Lanyard Kit, use the spares carrier for battery + Lamp storage and the list goes on and on.

There is also the E2e. It makes the 6P look like a HUGE giant. You can easily carry the E2e in your pocket and forget it's even there so you'll always have it on you.

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would recommend the Scorpion b/c it is focusable and better suited for up close work like changing a tire.

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I were going to get something for the glove box, I'ld save a little money & go with the UK 2L. Uses the same batteries, lasts 3-4 hrs, plenty bright to work on the car or change a flat, & fits the NiteIze head band you can get for $4 at WM. I would highly recomend the head band, because if you have to fix your car, you'll probably need both hands & may be by yourself. The Scorpion would be a good choice too, but only 1 hr runtime. TX

Stingray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Streamlight makes the scorpion. You can put a beamshaper on the G2 and have up close light too. Scorpion carries an extra bulb inside. G2 is sturdier.

For changing flats, fixing the car etc. I keep a 12 volt area light that plugs into the cig lighter in the trunk. It's actually a combination area light, air compressor, flashing red light etc. You can find them anywhere. I'd still keep a couple of flashlights too.

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
"You can put a beamshaper on the G2 and have up close light too. Scorpion carries an extra bulb inside. G2 is sturdier."

Yes, but the beamshaper costs an extra $18. Changing the focus for close work is "built in" with the Scorpion and the Legend LX.

The Scorpion should be more than "sturdy" enough for changing a flat!
wink.gif

Buy the least expensive one if it's just getting tossed in the glovebox. The Legend LX at Walmart is a good choice. Same batteries, brightness, and runtime.