Flashlight OR phone OR...

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu
http://www.nokia.com/nokia/0,8764,48663,00.html

The new Nokia 5140, scheduled for release in Q2 2004, in addition to being a flashlight, also features:

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>
- tri-band phone - color screen
- video player, recorder - VGA camera
- alarm clock - stereo FM radio
- clock radio - to do list
- thermometer - decibel meter
- stopwatch - calculator
- MMS messenging - chat instant messenging
- text messenging - image editor
- games + downloads - web browser
- fitness coach - voice dialing, recording
- digital compass - push-to-talk
</pre><hr />
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif How's that for a full-featured 'flashlight?' I haven't seen any beam shots yet, though.

Azreal911

Enlightened
that's the next generationt to the nokia 5100 which has most of these features already as well as the flashlight which is 2 white 3mm leds i think. it's white. can't give you beamshots cause i don't own this phone..... yet.

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
Theres another model currently, i.e. the 5310 I think, which is similar, w/o the camera but has the 2 Leds as well. Dunno how it holds up as a phone, but hey, so long as there's a flashlight on it, its worth taking a 2nd look at!

Lurker

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the Kyocera Rave cell phone with flashlight. It is a single 3mm white LED behind a plastic lens (not a magnifier). The beam is quite respectable. Very even. suprisingly bright. Almost on a par with an Arc AAA. They did it right. And of course, the run time is awesome with that rechargeable Li+ battery. This is definitely the phone you want to have in a power outage (if you have no other light).

You can turn it on by holding down the "clr" key. You must keep pressing the button to keep it on. If you navigate through the menus, you can switch it on for 15 minutes at a time that way and not have to hold the button.