My mini mag pro+ wants a XM-L

BlackhawkB

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I have just bought a mini mag pro+ that I like a lot, but this light has a lot of throw, maybe too much.
I figured a XM-L would be very nice to replace the XP-G

I removed the LED module using this link http://manjoseman.typepad.com/uncon...module-from-mini-maglite-led-2-cell-hack.html
but I dont know how to remove the LED itself (see pictures in the link)

Anybody has a mini mag pro or pro+ ?

Also next step will be to install a XM-L inside, I doesn't seem easy as it is very small

LilKevin715

Enlightened
Your next step would be to disassemble their proprietary pill/module, but you probably wouldn't get very far in terms of usability. Most of the mini mag mods seen here on CPF use a custom fabricated heatsink.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
The problem is the Xeno E03, a 1xAA XM-L flashlight that hits 500 lumens - for $30. So unless you're getting most of your parts for free, you can buy the polished version of your project for much cheaper..

BlackhawkB

Newly Enlightened
Your next step would be to disassemble their proprietary pill/module, but you probably wouldn't get very far in terms of usability. Most of the mini mag mods seen here on CPF use a custom fabricated heatsink.

I modded 2 maglite bulb with an XM-L and custom heatsink recently, I get about 450 lumens with 2AA.
I bought this one on purpose for the maglite design in my -small- collection.
I don't want to go very far with it, I just thought an XM-L would be more appropriate, but the LED module is difficult to understand how to disassemble