Ultimate Survival Technologies 30 Day Lantern, Favourlight Model PL20C3D002

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
Searched here first, but nothing. Only one review on Amazon, product B00ATCCA66. Google it for more info. Here is a link to the manufacturer's website:

Link

Why I Am 98% Confident it is Made by Favourlight:

1) Cosmetically, it looks like the Gentos and Rayovac branded lights
2) It uses Nichia LEDs
3) It has a green LED locator beacon when off
4) It has a rubberized housing
5) Up to 300 lumens on high
6) Removable globe
7) Built-in recessed hook
8) Identical UI

EDIT: Thread title altered to reflect the fact there is no question who the OEM is. This lantern is made by Favourlight, model PL20C3D002, and is relabeled under eGear and Ultimate Survival Technologies at the very least.

I haven't seen any info on this light yet, and it is no secret I think the Favourlights have a much higher build quality than the Colemans. I do think Coleman has the better glare guard/diffusion globe, by a country mile.

Anyone played with this one yet?

Go to Google and search:

B00ATCCA66

or

20- PL20C3D

NOTE: The Rayovac can be found quite a bit cheaper, at half price this unit. I think the main selling point for this iteration is the excellent low mode. We'd need to know the drive current to be sure, but is 29 lumens for 30 days really possible for three 1.5 volt alkaline "D" cells? I'll defer to the electronics experts on this one.

Link to PDF Data Sheet Here

Link to Popular Mechanics Award Here

Also branded as e-Gear 30 Day Lantern. Google search B007YAPQ0S for more info.

Last edited:

braddy

Enlightened
Re: Ultimate Survival Technologies 30 Day Lantern...Made by Favourlight...?

It isn't regulated is it?

StarHalo

Flashaholic

And an orange exterior to boot, very nice; would be a winner with warm emitters, cool LED lanterns just look too much like yard security lights, pretty depressing..

tslrc

Newly Enlightened

I too like the low mode on this lantern. I just bought the Rayovc 240 lumen light, and think the lower low on the B00ATCCA66 would give more flexibility for camping or emergency use.

One question I was wondering about..... There is also a dim-able light similiar to both of these, and I believe goes from 10% to 100% settings, is there a great loss of battery life given up with dim-able lights ? Is it a lot less efficient with the dimming circuits / switch ?

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast

It isn't regulated is it?

I can't recall. There is a thread on here somewhere where someone took apart the Rayovac Sportsman Extreme model and you can see the circuit. I don't think it was regulated. However, at the low 29 lumen setting, my guess would be the load is so easy on the cells that the runtime curve closely imitates a regulated light, with the benefit of a long taper.

Now, if they REALLY wanted to drain wallets, why not release a model of this with the warm white Nichia that is used in the warm white Gentos version? That'd be a killer blackout light for sure because of the extremely long runtime on low. One may already exist; I'll see about doing some digging later...

Last edited:

DaveG

Enlightened

I was looking at this last night at Battery junction and LL Bean. The one at Beans is red with a remote switch.

EscapeVelocity

Enlightened

Pretty sweet!

Where does the Eureka Warrior I saw at ****'s Sporting Good's the other day fall within this Favourlight family of Lanterns?

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast

The closest match is Favourlight model PLN0C3D003.

But I don't promise 100% this is the same model...

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast

Saw one of these live about 30 minutes ago in a local store.

Only a few on the shelf, for $40.

I don't need it, but I think it would be a great lantern for camping, especially for a week or more.

dss_777

Enlightened

How does the PL20C3D002 lantern in the OP differ from the similar model listed as "Nichia 300 Lumens Extreme LED Lantern" on Amazon (but gone now). There are some on ebay, btw.

The only difference I can see is the PL20C3D002 has 3 x 1W nichia LEDs compared to 2 x 2W nichia LEDs in the "Nichia 300 Lumens Extreme LED Lantern".

I have several now, mostly for night-time BBQ duty and emergency use. I don't find that the light is too harsh, but would like a warm version. I also thought 300 lumens would be brighter than it is, but realized I was comparing it to flashlights of similar output. Kinda tempered my disappoinment. What was most surprising to me is how useful the low setting is. Much more light than I expected, and the long runtime specs are impressive.

sgt253

Enlightened

Really curious about runtime claims. Any one burn a set of batteries through one of these to test? Thanks in advance.

bandits1

Newly Enlightened

I bought a UST 30 Day Lantern(glow in the dark version) for my mom to use as a bright night light in a hallway that doesn't have an electrical outlet where she needs the light to be. It's on "LOW" setting for about 7 hours every night and a fresh set of three alkaline D cells last for just over three months, so right on target with their claims, I guess. It does get noticeably dimmer in the final week or so of those three months, but still puts out what I'd consider a usable amount of light if you just need enough to avoid stumbling on things during a blackout.

sgt253

Enlightened

Wow! Nice. I think I need this lantern for the runtime....