Are there any XM-L lights with optics rather than reflectors?

Daekar

Enlightened
As per title... I just read the review of the Invictus that Selfbuilt did a while back, and really liked the beam pattern it produced. It appears that some of the usual companies have optics that produce a beam spread in the high teens out of a 20mm TIR... why isn't anybody using them?

tonkem

Enlightened
As per title... I just read the review of the Invictus that Selfbuilt did a while back, and really liked the beam pattern it produced. It appears that some of the usual companies have optics that produce a beam spread in the high teens out of a 20mm TIR... why isn't anybody using them?

There are a few. Namely, Lupine flashlights have optics and XML LED's, but they are not going to throw like the UB3t surefire and they are expensive....

utlgoa

Enlightened
Led Lenser has several regulated lights that incorporate the Cree XML as does Coast Flashlights.

Checkout the Led Lenser M7RX, M14x and the new M17R

Coast HP 14 & 17

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire LX2 Ultra and E2DL Ultra will have TIR optics.

I'm eagerly waiting for the LX2U.

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast
According to the 2013 catalog, they will both have 16,000 lux, up from 2012 catalog's 13,000. Very good amount of throw considering the 1.1" head.

The first generation E2DL and LX2 both do around 9,500 lux. 195 meter throw. The Ultras will do 253 meters.

Let's say that the LX2 does 250 lumens in reality and LX2 Ultra 600, because Surefire loves to underrate its lights. The Ultra has ~59.3% higher output with ~40.7% increase in throw.

Expect a slightly a wider beam but with more punch.

lesliemorris85

Newly Enlightened
Same here, the LX2 Ultra and E2DL looks very promising. The surround light produced by the TIR lens seems well-suited for the outdoors. Too bad we'll have to wait a long time for them

The_Driver

Flashlight Enthusiast
A lot of the different custom P60 Drop-Ins have optics. Ask vinhnguyen54 oder nailbender etc.