Thrunite T30S - Is the stated 150 lumens on medium correct?

NaKeD007

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,

I've been lurking around the forum for over a year now. Finally decided to create an account today, as you can tell this is my first post. :wave:
Like everyone here I am a flashaholic and have a small collection of flashlights of around 13 - 15 I lost count. My collections consist of cheap and expensive flashlights (to me anyway).

I recently purchased the Thrunite T30S to add to my collection. I was interested in this flashlight because of the aesthetic and the 3 modes which are spaced out according to my liking.

Click on the link to view details of the flashlight from the thrunite store below:
http://www.thrunite-store.com/thrunite-t30s-flashlight.html

According to the stats it has 4 modes, strobe (650 luments), high (650 lumens), medium (150 lumens) and low (10 lumens).

My concern lies with the stated 150 lumens on medium. From a visual standpoint I think it might be around 50 - 70 lumens lower than stated. I have the fenix LD22 and Eagletac D25a2 clicky used as a comparison. I used the ceiling bounce test in a dark room with T30S on medium 150 lumens, LD22 on medium 42 lumens and the D25a2 clicky on medium 59 lumens. The T30S is only slightly brighter than the D25a2 59 lumens.

I understand my experiment is far from accurate. :D

I want to know if anyone on here does have the Thrunite T30S to verify if I'm just blind or am I missing something?

Any comments is much appreciated.
Cheers,
NaKeD

Kokopelli

Enlightened
Floody lights tent to appear brighter in ceiling bounce tests. This may be because of that. I don't have a T30s but a T30 and it has a nice throwy beam profile. I find my T30's medium close to my Fenix E21 on high, which sounds about right.

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
T30 is different from T30S. latter has side button and is using a tailcap identical to TN11S which means driver electronics are on d tail. Also the same tailcap as Supbeam L25S but with different settings. L25s has well-spaced levels, TN11S doesn't

see the various TN11S reviews, you'll see the incorrectly stated MED

Last edited: