Armytek Barracuda owners

CamoNinja

Enlightened
Thinking about getting. For those that have/had one, how is it performing ? Am correct in assuming it will out throw the SWM t40cs ?

Thanks.

Optic Nerve

Newly Enlightened
I have one. It is absolutely awesome. it is a throw monster. see my thread"Ba Ba Ba Barracuda"

Stilt

Newly Enlightened
I've been using this light for about one week. It is an excellent thrower with no donut hole. Seems just a little brighter than my catapult V-2 XML, but that could be due to the reflector. The output when changing modes from 750 to 1160 is nearly imperceptible, so I wouldn't get too pumped up expecting the 1160 lumens to flat out blow away anything that comes in at a mere 750 lumen range. But I really enjoy the 20 or 150 lumen settings when you just don't need 750 or so to walk from one place to another where the high lumens will be needed. I'm just wondering how a light that can push 1000 lumens will get less then three days run time at twenty lumens?

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can't compare it to the SWM T40CS, but I do have a review of the Barracuda, check the link in my sig line.

Up All Night

Enlightened
I don't own a SWM T40CS, I do own a Fenix TK41(800 lumen) and from everything I've read and seen they are quite similar in throw. I've had the Barracuda less than a week and I don't even have to do a head-to-head to see that my TK41 is humbled by the Barracuda. It's a well built illumination tool, no bells & whistles, no side switch. Old school rear clicky, bezel loose for low, med, high & tight for max. Grippy matte finish that is reminiscent of powder-coating. It just works!
See Bigmac_79's review, check out gopajti's TK75 picture thread for head-to-heads between the the two. There's certainly a wall of light coming out of the TK75 but if you look closely, the Barracuda is right there in throw. In fact, the two gentlemen operating the shop where I purchased mine both agreed the Barracuda threw further than the TK75, which they also sell.
If you can get into this light at the century mark or less, I think it's a steal!

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
Illumination Supply has the Barracuda for just under $100 fyi.

edit: idk if Armytek is planning on an XM-L2 version but I bet it (an XM-L2 in a Barracuda) would be insane!