Do you own a light too nice to use?

SlipKid

Newly Enlightened
I purchased a Sunwayman M11r Sirius light, this thing is beautiful. It was going to be my EDC light but I don't want to put a mark on it. Not sure what I am going to do with it, I love the light but I am not a collector. :thinking:

Flashlights-6010-L.jpg

Last edited:

Showmethelight

Newly Enlightened
I purchased a Sunwayman M11r Sirius light, this thing is beautiful. It was going to be my EDC light but I don't want to put a mark on it. Not sure what I am going to do with it, I love the light but I am not a collector. :thinking:

taking the title literally likely means I would have over shot my budget by a long way and couldnt enjoy the light at all, hasnt happened yet. If im buying, its getting use!

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've bought/traded lights in the past that I couldn't bring myself to use.

So I traded/bought something else.

No point in owning a user light if you won't use it.

KeeblerElf

Enlightened
I would feel that way about some of my lights, but those lights happen to be Malkoffs, so I'm not very worried about damage. (I really do love the simplicity of their look; though I'm not worried about functional damage, I'll admit I don't want to aesthetically damage them.)

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Go outside and drop it on the sidewalk. Then you can start enjoying the light and using it for its intended purpose. :)

Jeff

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
No such thing. IF I could afford a spy or one of photonfanantics creations, i'd use it as often as possible.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just received a Damascus Tri-EDC which I got from our custom maker Mac, and the first day I received the light it went straight into my pocket. No hesitation. Same goes to my McGizmo titanium Haiku and any other lights.

kj2

Flashaholic
In the beginning, when I get it new, I baby all of my lights. After a while I'm still being careful. Scratches can happen but can be prevented.

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened
I got the V10R to be a user so it wont have anno to chip off, and the scratches it has would probably buff out. I want the new Camo V11R but would never want to use it. Other wise I'm just careful with my like new lights.

Buy another one. You'll have one to admire and one to use. :devil:
Thought about this with the V11R

Go outside and drop it on the sidewalk. Then you can start enjoying the light and using it for its intended purpose. :)

Jeff
Done this on accident

SlipKid

Newly Enlightened
Maybe I will sell it get a light I will feel better about using every day.

WilsonCQB1911

Enlightened
In the beginning, when I get it new, I baby all of my lights. After a while I'm still being careful. Scratches can happen but can be prevented.

Pretty much how I do it exactly as well. All my stuff, including my lights gets taken care of very well. If it's worth owning, it's worth taking care of. Calling it a "tool" doesn't mean you don't take care of it. I don't see something that's battered and bruised as being a badge of honor.

argleargle

Enlightened
There is no "one light." One to use, one to ruin in experimentation, two to lose, same model. :)

fresh eddie fresh

Enlightened
I sold off all of the ones I was afraid to use, although I do think I should have kept my Winelight... with a VME and a black tailcap, it would have looked awesome!!