Rotary switch on HDS Rotary just quit working

blackbalsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
:thumbsup: The rotary switch just quit working when i changed out the battery from a cr123 to a rcr123. The clicky works just fine but no level change on the rotary. Anyone have this same problem or know what might be the cause of this. Thanks in Advance....Robert..:thumbsup:

nbp

Flashaholic
Dumb question, but I gotta ask it: You have one of the presets set to Rotary control, and you are sure you have it turned to that preset when you tried to use the Rotary dial?

blackbalsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dumb question, but I gotta ask it: You have one of the presets set to Rotary control, and you are sure you have it turned to that preset when you tried to use the Rotary dial?
Not a dumb question at all nbp. This might be the problem because i did reset one of the presets after i installed the rcr123. Thanks i'll check it out...Robert

nbp

Flashaholic
Not a dumb question at all nbp. This might be the problem because i did reset one of the presets after i installed the rcr123. Thanks i'll check it out...Robert

I just didn't want you to think I was insulting your intelligence. ;) If I had a nickel for every time I had a problem and found out something wasn't plugged in/turned on/batteries in/batteries in with correct polarity... :ohgeez:

Anyways, that would be the first thing I'd check; it's the easiest solution if that proves to be correct.

blackbalsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just didn't want you to think I was insulting your intelligence. ;) If I had a nickel for every time I had a problem and found out something wasn't plugged in/turned on/batteries in/batteries in with correct polarity... :ohgeez:

Anyways, that would be the first thing I'd check; it's the easiest solution if that proves to be correct.
nbp MANY THANKS, That was it...Thanks so much. I love all the helpful friends here...Robert

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really, really like the setting of "always comes on in a,b,c, or d" turned Off. Then it comes on in which ever mode you turn it off with. Coupled with "Momentary On" you've got everything from a paranoid tactical to a well mannered opera light ready instantly, so long as you remember how you set it last.

xevious

Flashlight Enthusiast
How are you liking the HDS Rotary overall? Any other lights that you own or have owned that you could say is comparable, aside from the obvious programming advantage that the HDS has?

blackbalsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
How are you liking the HDS Rotary overall? Any other lights that you own or have owned that you could say is comparable, aside from the obvious programming advantage that the HDS has?
I really like the Rotary. The only thing i would change is the LED to a more neutral tint. This is most likely going to be one of my favorite lights...Robert

xevious

Flashlight Enthusiast
^ Good to hear it. I think there's going to be an HDS Rotary in my future. :sleepy:

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
One of the reasons I loathe lights that remember your last used setting. It can make the light unpredictable.

And as you well know, that can be enabled or disabled, "same setting at turn on, On" default. Beautiful UI. Now if I could just convince him to make locator beacon selectable on/off without going into settings menu (do like lock/unlock with maybe five clicks from off), make slow strobe and tac strobe immune from the ten minute auto off (as locator beacon already is), and give an option for momentary on from locked setting... the UI would be perfect.

Last edited: