Votes: 32 60.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 13 24.5%
  • No

Votes: 8 15.1%

• Total voters

MartinDWhite

Enlightened
ThumperACC asked about a single cell Malkoff light in this thread. http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?354620-Malkoff-help-Can-I-do-this so I thought.....I can make that.....and did. Here are the progress pics and results.

If I get bored of this body in a few days it will be forsale on the marketplace. I could also make more if there is demand...like it says in the other thread, price to modify your MDX body is $40 each plus $5 shipping per order.

IMG_1880.JPG

IMG_1881.JPG

IMG_1883.JPG

IMG_1884.JPG

IMG_1886.JPG

IMG_1888.JPG

IMG_1891.JPG

IMG_1894.JPG

IMG_1895.JPG

IMG_1896.JPG

Last edited:

Norm

Retired Administrator
Very interested in having a 1 cell body, I Know Craig at Illumination Supply will forward an MD2 if you can convert it as per the terms in the other thread.

Norm

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very cool. Would you be able to do the same thing with a Surefire 6P body?

Machete God

Enlightened
That is very nicely done!

I answered 'yes', but in the end it comes down to if the price is right. I don't think I would buy one, if the price is that of an MD2 body + $45 (the price you quoted in another thread for cutting down and rethreading an MD2). Please don't take it the wrong way, this isn't a commentary on your charges, only a reflection on my willingness to cough up circa $70 for a body alone (estimating $25 for the body, being unfamiliar with MD2 body-only prices).

Very cool. Would you be able to do the same thing with a Surefire 6P body?
I'm very sure this can be done because I have seen it before in pictures (can't remember where, though). The only thing is the resulting light doesn't look as nice as the light in the pictures shown here, because the SF 6P has flats with laser etching on them and a cut-down 6P will conspicuously look like a cut-down light, if you get what I mean.

Last edited:

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would it possible to do a group buy to lower the price? Everybody would pay you and sent their MD2 at one time. This would allow you to only set up your machine once. It would be something like what Oveready does with their boring services.

MartinDWhite

Enlightened
Norm - Your PMs are full.

CLand72 - I don't have a 6P to look at, but I think I could based on the pictures I have seen. The flats issues that were mentioned might be the only issue. If you send me a 6P (or money to buy one) I will give it a try. It might be easier/cheaper to find a used 3P.

Everyone else - Price is as quoted in the other thread, $40 each body +$5 shipping. Unfortunately, I still use a manual lathe so there is no advantage or saving to a group buy. CNC is just too expensive to justify the custom and mostly one off work I do right now.

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's some very nice work!!

Had this occurred a year ago, my answer would an have been absolutely. My HDS should arrive in a few months (fingers crossed), and an MDC will be purchased as soon as the options change.

Grizz

Norm

Retired Administrator
Very interested in having a 1 cell body, I Know Craig at Illumination Supply will forward an MD2 if you can convert it as per the terms in the other thread.

Norm
Complete turnkey MD2 on it's way :thumbsup:

Norm

MartinDWhite

Enlightened
You can also consider doing one to take the 500mm cells such as the 18490/500 or 17500 which will have more juice in them. Just a suggestion.
Great work.

If you send me a body I could cut it down to take a 50mm cell for the same price $40. (I assume 500 was a typo). The 50mm length will not come out at the edge of a knurl line so might not look at good, but if you handle getting it re-coated I will cut it down.