Dropin UI not as descibed when received

cubebike

Enlightened
I bought a dropin which was supposed to be LMH. I received it and found out it is HML.

I had to either remove the battery or turn the tailcap to ensure there would be no chance of accidentally triggering the dropin. The dropin is a VERY high output P60 dropin so it is danger to stay on high unattended.

Long story short, for some reasons, I received it about 7-8 weeks after I paid for it(Seller's reason). When I received it, I tested it for 5 mins and not noticing the problems. Months later, I have to use it for bike trip, I found that the error, I wrote to the seller but with no response not until recently I wrote to the seller again.

What you guys will do? Ask the seller to fix the issue or take it as it is? For me, if I knew the UI will come on High to start with, I might not pull the trigger to buy it.

Last edited:

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Odd that you didn't notice this when recieved and tested. After that long I guess you can ask but I wouldn't fault the seller for not wanting to.

cubebike

Enlightened
I totally agree with your comment! That's y i posted here to seek suggestions.
Story again , my intention for the dropin was for my bike trip ! However , it arrived 2 months after I ordered which I finished the trip already. So that I really have no use for a long time!
If seller could ensure the correctness of their product description , it would avoid all the problems

JCD

Enlightened
Many prefer HML to LMH. Perhaps you can trade for a LMH model on CPFMarketplace or sell it outright and buy a LMH drop-in. If you bought it used, you shouldn't lose much, if any, money either way.

cubebike

Enlightened
Many prefer HML to LMH. Perhaps you can trade for a LMH model on CPFMarketplace or sell it outright and buy a LMH drop-in. If you bought it used, you shouldn't lose much, if any, money either way.
That's true! Thanks