Niteye TiC

roadracer46

Newly Enlightened
Just bought NITEYE TiC on eBay without noticing that its coming from China. So now I'm worried. I know there are a LOT of good products coming out of China(iPhone 5) and the distributor says its authentic but should I be concerned? Are Niteye products made in China. Did i make a mistake? Thanks guys... New to the forum so go easy on me. Also, didn't know that jetbeam and niteye where the same/different company and didn't know about the politics involved either until i bought the light.
help.gif

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, they are Chinese, as are many of the flashlight brands which are discussed on this forum.

I don't buy Chinese lights anymore, but I did for a while.
They are okay, I guess.
Just not my thing.

firelord777

Enlightened
The Chinese and Japanese are smart people, unfortunately for us hehe:)

I don't have a Surefire, but from what I've researched, they don't compete on the same level as the Asian brands because they use what some refer to as "old" technology, or don't have fancy UIs. And it's much more expensive. So to the common consumer, it's no question. To the military boys and cops though, Surefire is a great American company.

Personally, I love my country, so I would buy from them if I had the money, but alas, I can't:D

It's kind of like this:

I buy an awesome 3,000 lumen light made in China..."oh I love bright lights! But I hate not supporting my economy!!!"

It's kind of funny if you think about it:D

roadracer46

Newly Enlightened
Good to know. Just received it today and it seems ok. Thanks for the info
Yes, they are Chinese, as are many of the flashlight brands which are discussed on this forum.

I don't buy Chinese lights anymore, but I did for a while.
They are okay, I guess.
Just not my thing.

roadracer46

Newly Enlightened
I hear ya. Im a sucker for a bright light myself :)
The Chinese and Japanese are smart people, unfortunately for us hehe:)

I don't have a Surefire, but from what I've researched, they don't compete on the same level as the Asian brands because they use what some refer to as "old" technology, or don't have fancy UIs. And it's much more expensive. So to the common consumer, it's no question. To the military boys and cops though, Surefire is a great American company.

Personally, I love my country, so I would buy from them if I had the money, but alas, I can't:D

It's kind of like this:

I buy an awesome 3,000 lumen light made in China..."oh I love bright lights! But I hate not supporting my economy!!!"

It's kind of funny if you think about it:D

aau007

Enlightened
Only Niteye and Jetbeam.
Thrunite is affiliated or owned and manufactured by Sysmax. There was a separation between Niteye/Jetbeam and Sysmax.

And now Thrunite is selling Niteye and Jetbeam lights on their store.