SolarStorm T6 LED 4000 Lumen

VegasSteve777

Newly Enlightened
Hello,
Although tempted, I simply can't afford Nite-Core's Tiny Monster 3500 Lumen Masterpiece.
I did however, come across an interesting light called SolarStorm T6 LED 4000 Lumen.
The site says it uses 5XCree XM-T6 LED's. The dimensions and photos appear to be a cheaper alternative to the Tiny Monster while touting an extra 500 Lumens.

Are there any members that can shed some viable information about this light?
It sure looks nice, but the price seems too good to be true and everyone knows what that could mean.
Thanks to anyone willing to advise!!
~Steve~

Richwouldnt

Enlightened
A late reply but I really doubt it. In general "Chinese Lumens" as specified by overseas sellers tend to be the maximum emitter lumens the LED can possibly put out under perfect conditions. Most of the lights in question have quite poor LED heat sinking so can not be driven any where near maximum specification current levels without immediate LED failure AND true "Out the front" lumens as ANSI specifications require are normally only about 80% or less of actual emitter lumens levels. According to many posts I have seen here from people with more than my flashlight experience many of the Chinese off brand lights put out about 30% to 50% of the claimed lumens and some are worse.

As an example right now on the big A web site there are more than one listing for a 18,000 Lumens flashlight. If it is even 3000 OTF Lumens I would be surprised. Certainly the four 18650 or 26650 batteries in series used in the long skinny battery tube are unlikely to be able to provide the current needed for such a claimed output. They even have a two piece battery tube so can optionally be run on only two 18650 or 26650 batteries too. These monsters use 15 Cree XM-L T6 LEDs and weighs 990 grams, presumably without batteries, per one listing. Prices vary from just over $80 to >$125. IMO the output claims are ridiculous and if true would give instant meltdown of the light head.