Little disappointed in my Fenix E11

appliancejunk

Enlightened
Today I received my first Fenix E11. I had read some post about the LED being off center so I did not expect it to be perfect, but the one I got is way off center. Easy to notice in the house shining it on any wall.

I also think the tail cap switch has a cheaper feel to it compared to my Fenix LD12 G2.

Good news is I don't notice the off center LED when using the flashlight outside.

Oh well, next flashlight! lol...

I think the XP-G2 in my Fenix LD12 has me spoiled. :)

Unless Fenix has changed something other then the body style on the new 2013 E11 I'm going to pass on ordering it for now.

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
this is the old E11 right?
wonder if the 2013 is the same, with off centred LED's.
was looking to order this, not so sure, on hold!.
thanks.

flashlight chronic

Enlightened
Sorry to hear about your off centered led. I have two E11's and both are well centered (luck of the draw?). I hope Fenix improves their quality control because they are considered one of the best in the industry, and you get a lot of flashlight for your money.

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an E05, E25, E40, and E50 and all seem to have their emitters perfectly centered. Hmm... it happens I guess. Overall I'd say Fenix has done well recently with getting their emitters perfectly centered.

appliancejunk

Enlightened
I'm very happy with my other Fenix flashlights so this has in no way turned me off from buying them, just from buying the new E11. At least until I read a review about how nice they are, lol...

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
true.
if Zebralights QC wasn't so bad on their circuits, I would be with ZL. Fenix has won me!. better to make a smart buy than take a gamble each time. you can never tell just how long a ZL can last. with fenix i do have much more faith it will help me out so much better, when I need it.

I'm very happy with my other Fenix flashlights so this has in no way turned me off from buying them, just from buying the new E11. At least until I read a review about how nice they are, lol...

HIDblue

Enlightened
That's disappointing to hear. I was about to buy one of the new E-11's that are rated at 115 lumens due to the compact form factor and forward clicky.

appliancejunk

Enlightened
Maybe the new body style will have more centered LED.
You should order one and let us know. ;)

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
same. but the tailcap does look cool and seems tough, but would like to see some latest you tube clips on them 2013.
might hold back for now. or get the xeno e03, but again, even that has button issues...

That's disappointing to hear. I was about to buy one of the new E-11's that are rated at 115 lumens due to the compact form factor and forward clicky.

hcd615

Enlightened
The new style Fenix E11 I bought today has a perfectly centered LED.

IMG_2163_zps2948bf07.jpg

appliancejunk

Enlightened
The new style Fenix E11 I bought today has a perfectly centered LED.

Great, now I want one again, lol...

What do you think of the rest of the light?

How does the switch feel?