***Beamshots added***Received my L5 today from TW!

RevDavid

Enlightened
***Beamshots added on pages 6 and 7***

I got a call from Dan late this afternoon, and he said he had just recieved a very small quantity of L5's which he would be shipping tomorrow. I convinced him to hold mine until I could drive to get it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

All I can say is that it is awesome. I thought it would be a little better than my L4 for throw, overall brightness, and whiteness of beam. It is actually quite a bit better. I was actually carrying my TW4, but Dan had his L4 for comparison, and as I got there after dark, it was easy to compare. Except for the larger size, and a fairly useless pocket clip (it looks like it will drop the light if it is clipped on head down or horizontally, as it will tip head down if horizontal) it is better in every other way. The clickie is even better,,, and I was already very happy with my Z57s. It appears to have an identical luxeon to my L4, but with considerably more light being produced, and considerably more throw, even with a very generous flood.

Mine has a slightly warmer white than my L4, lighting up reds a bit better, and a bit more to my liking, actually, though I suspect this will vary from light to light.

Basically, I am very pleased, and I highly recommend the light to anyone who will bear the size. Watch how you carry it though. It is head heavy, and looks determined to hit head first on the ground if it gets away from you. I think I might end up holstering this one. It will definitely not be an EDC light for me, but I will get my use out of it anyway.

Kudos to PK and company. This is everything that I suspected it would be and more, based on discussions here.

BTW, unfortunately Dan said his shipment would not fill his entire preorder list yet, but he promised to fill them first come first served, and said he suspects more will be on the way very soon.

David <><

PS thanks for the inquiries. I was sick with the flu. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif Now I am a little behind on my work, and I have two sermons this week, so I may not be online much for a while. I need to catch up.

David <><

tiktok 22

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Received my L5 today from TW!

Any way you could post some beam shots????? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

rookie

Enlightened

Any specific specs? Lumen output? Runtime?

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
FlashlightOCD said:
Most important: did it pass the blow/suck test? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

So many things that I can say about this that would get me in trouble... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

Back to the L5. Wow, that's so cool that you got yours already. I was really tempted to get it, but I'm holding out for the L6, which should be coming soon too. Isn't Christmas such a wonderful time?

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast

is the L5 coating HA or black type II anodizing? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast

Great! Must be nice to have one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

EPguy

Newly Enlightened

Got mine today through another source..it is the HEAT, a tad nose heavy, but the tailcap is buttery smooth! Greater white light, throw etc. It will be my daypack light.

Heck

Enlightened

Ahh...they are coming..the L5s are coming!

quick question....is the throw improved enough to rival P60s?

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast

tylerdurden:

[ QUOTE ]
...every other way. The clickie is even better,,, and I was already very happy with my Z57s...

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

glad to hear the problems that plagued the L4 clickes have been fixed though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast

If people are receiving these lights, why is it still shrouded in secrecy?

Can the L5 run from a single Pila 168 cell? I've got one that's itchin' for a job!

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast

phaserburn, surefire's probably going through the same routine that accompanied the release of the L4 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
RevDavid said:
I think I might end up holstering this one. It will definitely not be an EDC light for me, but I will get my use out of it anyway.

David <><

[/ QUOTE ]
Can you provide any dimentions? Perhaps a rough size comparison to a G2 or a "common aluminum 2AA flashlight"?