Arc LS with Double AA adaptor, what is the runtime

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigmikey

Newly Enlightened
I have read the post on what is the best double AA flashlight, that isnt modified, and alot of people are praising the arc LS. So I was curious, as to how may hour runtime, the LS has with 2 regular duracell or energizer, AA batteries?. Also how bright is it compared to a double AA maglight?, thanks for your help.

HesNot

Enlightened
bigmikey - I have an LSH-P that I run frequently on the 2AA tailpiece, but I haven't run it until it's dead yet (and I use NiMH batteries in it that I top off regularly). I think that there are some runtime estimates on the ARC website that appear (based on my 123 experience) to be somewhat conservative. It says 1.5 on regular alkaline, 2.5 on NiMH and 3+ on lithium AAs.

In terms of brightness compared to a mini mag, trust me on this there is no comparison! The LS is as bright with the 2AA (in my experience) as with the 123 cell, and either will make a mini mag look like a toy. Hardwaremaniac has some beam shots comparing the LSH-P to a mini mag light at:

http://www.hardwaremaniac.com/reviews/arc/arcls02.htm

In close to medium range it is fairer to compare it to a 2 or 3d maglite.

The LSH-P is about the perfectly balance light in my opinion and I use it multiple times a day - because it's always with me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast
Question??
Will the ARC LS double AA adaptor run with batteries that won't light up a 2AA mini-Mag light?? My LS 123a will suck some life out of an old battery that won't light up my Streamlight Scorpion. Just wondering if it is worth it to have the AA adaptor.
Thanks!!

Blades

Pi_is_blue

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Arc LS will run on batteries that can't even light up my opalec, and the opalec can run on batteries that failed in the stock minigag.

AR15Fan

Newly Enlightened
I'm getting 55 - 65 Mins of run time before "moon-mode" with two sets of several year old NiCad rechargables.

The 2 AA TSP has become my favorite for the LSL

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Arc LS with Double AA adaptor, what is the run

2AA pack runtimes:

Alkalines - 2.5 hours sunmode

Lithium AAs - 5 hours sunmode

Rechargables - varies according to MaH rating

Mattman

Enlightened

I run some old 1600 MaH NiMH's in mine and it probably gives around an hour of run time. I'm trying some new 2000 MaH batteries that I hope will increase that substantially.

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast

It is my experience that the Arc circuitry will actually do better with low alkaline than with a low lithium. Lithium batteries have such a flat discharge curve to begin with that once they start to drop off they are almost exhausted and will drop off very quickly from there.

But you can really pull an alkaline down in voltage a lot further before it will completely die on you. So yes, it definitely makes sense to use up the last bit of them in your Arc. But remember to have a backup with you cause they aren't going to last long /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the info!! I guess it is time to order an AA adaptor. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Blades

Status
Not open for further replies.