Surefire weapon light identification. Please help!

BanjoDan

Newly Enlightened
Got this light from a friend years ago for free. I know nothing about it, and I've searched high and low trying to figure out what it is. The switch cord has been cut off for whatever reason. I'd like to know what model it is so I can get some batteries and maybe a new switch if I can still get one. The only markings are a Surefire logo and A165991. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
000_00031.jpg

000_00021.jpg

000_00011.jpg

Norm

Retired Administrator
Your images are oversize, when you post an image please remember Rule #3

Rule #3 If you post an image in your post, please downsize the image to no larger than 800 x 800 pixels.

Please resize and repost. - Thanks Norm

scsmith

Newly Enlightened
Yep, the light is a model 952, and the switch on there is an XM-07. The corded portion of that switch actually pulls straight out because it's a friction / snap-in socket. You can replace the corded portion with either a tape on pressure pad, or a pressure pad that snaps onto a picatinny rail; both are available in multiple lengths - http://www.surefire.com/parts-accessories/switches.html. Your light takes a pair of CR123 lithium batteries. You can also replace the incandescent lamp assembly with any P60 / D26 lamp module, which will allow you to swap in a much brighter and a much longer running LED module.

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought that the 951 had the thumbscrew mount, while the 952 had the lever mount.