My Dads Fenix P1

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Greetings

My Dad passed away in January and I was going through his backpack last week and found his P1 clipped to the keyring holder. Man this brought back a flood of pleasant memories! I took a trip a year with my Dad and went to places in Germany, Czech Republic, Hungary, Austria, France, and Italy. We would always end our day at a local pub and wander back to the hotel room after dark. I always made sure he had cool gadgets like flashlights and multitools. He preferred carrying the P1 to the SF L4 I had gotten him due to the small size. He also had an Arc AAA on his keyring.

He would always say to me, "I really like that can you get me one?" And naturally I would hand over whatever he was admiring immediately.

The P1 is still a respectable flashlight in terms of output and runtime. 90 lumens for 1.5 hours if memory serves correct.

While I'm a Surefire man I will always keep my Father's Fenix P1.

Thanks for sharing.

kelmo

nbp

Flashaholic
Great story Kelmo. :buddies: The P1 was a great little twisty, and that it was Dad's makes it all the better. Also, I'm sorry for your loss. :candle:

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had the Fenix P1 long ago and it was a solid light for it's time, good runtime and bright.
I can easily see why your Dad preferred it over the bigger Surefire.

My condolences go out to you and your family and thanks for sharing the story.

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Condolences on your loss. But glad you found a nice reminder. The P1 is my wifes favorite as well. Offered her many others but that one stays where it is.

carrot

Flashaholic
I'm sorry to hear about your dad Kelmo. You'll always have a reminder close at hand of the good times you had together with that little P1.