Pelican Stealth Lite 4AA mini review.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
On an afore mentioned junket to Frys, I looked at lots of stuff. Checked out 4000 and 2100 ??? (BRAIN less than Perfect) LED lights, and a fairly wide array of Pelican stuff.

Was going to get a 3C Super, but for a few pennys less I got this 4AA with batteries (Energizer).

Was still bright outside so couldn't tell much until later. Inside my cab I could tell that there wasn't a perfect beam, still in shining it out at signs and stuff it proved to be quite a useful beam.

The switch is very simple in design. However it doesn't use as well as a slide or push button. Holding it in such a manner as to use the thumb on it is the way for me. I couldn't manipulate it well with my first finger.

In comparing it to several other lights, namely 4AA stuff... It is tighter and therefore brighter at around 20 feet than either Rayovac Prodigy 4AA (with a KPR103) or TEC 40 (with KPR103), however both other lights have a more utilitarian beam and the TEC 40 is just about perfect!

Let's see, what else? Well I wonder why it's called Stealth Lite. It's at least TWICE the size of the UK 4AA AS2 (and the UK is easier to use too!)

Maybe I'll put the Dorcy LED Bulb in it, and some Liths for emergency use.

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
PJoeS...keep the stock lamp in the StealthLite and power it up with lithium AA's. When I put lithiums in mine, there was a very noticeable increase in brightness AND run-time. Also, my StealthLite throws a lot further than my Tec40 w/smooth reflector, and has a better quality beam...luck of the draw, I guess.

PJD

ikendu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by PlayboyJoeShmoe:
I wonder why it's called Stealth Lite. It's at least TWICE the size of the UK 4AA AS2
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hmmm. I've been tempted to get the Stealth Lite for the long throw and really tight beam. Although, I love the UK 4AA AS2 so much...I guess I'll just stick with that (although...no bulbs for modding
frown.gif
). I wish UK made a really tight beam lamp module for this light as an option...or one optimized for NiMH.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
On yeah... I failed to mention that the bulb is part of a light module and cannot be easily replaced with diddly.

So maybe I'll just stuff it with Liths and hide it for an emergency.

Anyhow, while throw is fun... I find myself using a dispersed beam when I actually need light.

TEC 40 with orange peel reflector, 4 Rayovac Max Alky AAs, and a KPR103 (I think it's a Rayovac from Walmart) makes about the brightest, smoothest, most ideal beam of any light I own!

In another class my Madmax equipped M!n!M*g is most excelent!

Size15's

Flashaholic
I have LiAAs in my two StealthLights. They float around with the G2-YL SureFires as general lights for the cars or house.

Al

Illuminated

Enlightened
I believe Greg at Brightguy told me that the Stealth Lite Rechargeable lamp module would drop into the non-rechargeable Stealth Lite, so those wanting to use AA NiMH can get a lamp module optimized for them.

John